Author Topic: Phils wedges with stock height bars  (Read 3854 times)

Offline Conhardcore

• 2011 Concours 14 Black
Phils wedges with stock height bars
« on: August 10, 2011, 12:29:04 PM »
Is anyone using Phil's Wedges with stock height bars, (no risers), with good results?

Offline PH14

Re: Phils wedges with stock height bars
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 01:26:31 PM »
I put them on the other day without risers. I haven't taken a long ride with them yet but will soon and will report back. Initially I feel like they are pulled in too close together. What I would like after installing these and feeling them, is wedges that simply tilt the bars back a bit rather than turning them in towards each other.

Offline Conhardcore

• 2011 Concours 14 Black
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 01:38:52 PM »
Interesting.  Most seem to really like them although one other poster did not like the affect on the bar closeness.  I'll be interested in hearing more after you get a longer ride in.  I also was hoping they would flatten out the angle of the bars themselves and ok if they lifted the ends a bit with a tad more pullback.  Not sure how I'll feel about moving the bars closer together :-\

Offline Zteve

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 04:55:12 PM »
I have the wedges and 1" longer bars from Phil. No risers. I like this set up as it brings the bars slightly up, back and a little wider.

Offline cutback

• "Old enough to know better"
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 09:29:23 PM »
I'm running Phil's wedges w/stock bar height. It did take me, a couple of days to get used to the set up. When riding extremely aggressive, I used to suffer from a slight bit of hand numbing(radial nerve) but on a recent weekend, 1005 mile ride, all was well.

Offline PH14

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 09:47:05 PM »
Interesting.  Most seem to really like them although one other poster did not like the affect on the bar closeness.  I'll be interested in hearing more after you get a longer ride in.  I also was hoping they would flatten out the angle of the bars themselves and ok if they lifted the ends a bit with a tad more pullback.  Not sure how I'll feel about moving the bars closer together :-\

Yeah, I will give them some time. I immediately felt the fact the bars were closer together though and that felt odd. As far as changing the angle it may be a moot point for me, my wrists/hands aren't at the same angle when grabbing the bars due to some breaks on both sides and a nicely done crush job on the left wrist.  ;D

Offline Conhardcore

• 2011 Concours 14 Black
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 07:46:24 AM »
I have the wedges and 1" longer bars from Phil. No risers. I like this set up as it brings the bars slightly up, back and a little wider.

Z-What are 1" longer bars?

Offline Zteve

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 08:04:49 AM »
Z-What are 1" longer bars?

They are just like stock bars but are 1" longer. Phil makes them.

Offline danvforce

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 09:37:09 AM »
I've been using Phil's wedges without risers for a couple years now, I just don't see a need for the risers, the wedges position the hands at a very comfortable angle for me.

Offline Conhardcore

• 2011 Concours 14 Black
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 09:48:15 AM »
I've been using Phil's wedges without risers for a couple years now, I just don't see a need for the risers, the wedges position the hands at a very comfortable angle for me.

Thanks Dan.  Nice to know.  My wedges are being delivered today and I think I'm going to remove the risers and go the stock bar route with the wedges.