Author Topic: need a fob key  (Read 3752 times)

Offline speed545

need a fob key
« on: August 13, 2011, 04:24:46 PM »
hey guys,

i m back from my 4K trip up to blue ridge parkway and down to the east coast.  Beside my battery replacement in Winchester, i also lost a fob key. Wasnt a good trip for the bike.

Got spay painted yellow by the truck doing the lines on the road, got ants invaded in Myrtle Beach and lost the key fob.

i ve read a bit about thoses key so i know i need a new one that will be reprogrammed by my dealer and have the accessories key cut by a locksmith.

So anyone here knows where i can get them or maybe have one to sell

thx

Derry
08, Concours 14
Montreal Fire Dept

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
Re: need a fob key
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 04:31:52 PM »
Unfortunately I think a stealership is your only option (full fob =250.00) I would opt for credit card if its a back-up.

Mike
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 04:39:01 PM »
Be very careful if buying a used fob because it will not likely come with the number your dealer will need to program the bike. The programming number only appears on the package the fob originally came in from Kawasaki; without that number, you will not be able to get the fob to work with your bike.

Just as an aside, the bike is programmed to recognize the fob, not the other way around. The fob is not and cannot be programmed.

The best prices on new fobs are usually from discount dealers, at least in the US; for example, Ron Ayers has full function fobs (the type that contain a battery and work from some distance) for about $200, and credit- card fobs (no battery on board and they must be held up to the ignition housing to have the bike 'see' them) for about $35. Either fob will work with any C-14 once the bike is properly programmed to work with it.

There are also two types of key used on Kawasakis, one is left- handed and the other is right- handed. They are marked 'A' and 'B' so be sure to get the key that fits your bike.

Brian

hey guys,

i m back from my 4K trip up to blue ridge parkway and down to the east coast.  Beside my battery replacement in Winchester, i also lost a fob key. Wasnt a good trip for the bike.

Got spay painted yellow by the truck doing the lines on the road, got ants invaded in Myrtle Beach and lost the key fob.

i ve read a bit about thoses key so i know i need a new one that will be reprogrammed by my dealer and have the accessories key cut by a locksmith.

So anyone here knows where i can get them or maybe have one to sell

thx

Derry
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline speed545

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 08:33:07 AM »
thx for the replies.

dont see the CC key on Ron Ayers site.

08, Concours 14
Montreal Fire Dept

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 10:22:40 AM »
You have to look at the 2010 parts list to see the CC key fob. I believe it is listed as just a spare fob.
Life is good.... At least from my perspective.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline gildaguz

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 04:21:48 PM »
Be very careful if buying a used fob because it will not likely come with the number your dealer will need to program the bike. The programming number only appears on the package the fob originally came in from Kawasaki; without that number, you will not be able to get the fob to work with your bike.

Just as an aside, the bike is programmed to recognize the fob, not the other way around. The fob is not and cannot be programmed.

The best prices on new fobs are usually from discount dealers, at least in the US; for example, Ron Ayers has full function fobs (the type that contain a battery and work from some distance) for about $200, and credit- card fobs (no battery on board and they must be held up to the ignition housing to have the bike 'see' them) for about $35. Either fob will work with any C-14 once the bike is properly programmed to work with it.

There are also two types of key used on Kawasakis, one is left- handed and the other is right- handed. They are marked 'A' and 'B' so be sure to get the key that fits your bike.

Brian
Just receive a CC fob i did order  and the numberr that the package has is the part number and a bar code,it is a sealed kawasaki package and i order it from Ronayers
2009 Non ABS Concours Black
2006 Honda VTX 1300 C candy Orange
2004 Honda Shadow  Sabre 750
1979 Suzuki 185 all terrain