Author Topic: Whats the best cruise control option?  (Read 30191 times)

Offline Michelle

• Saving the chubby unicorns
Re: Whats the best cruise control option?
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2020, 07:31:33 pm »
Hi Robert. I have the MC Cruise. In fact we have 3 bikes here with one of their units. It is a fantastic bit of gear and I fitted mine myself. Quality, instructions and service are second to none.
The BT thing looks interesting. In an academic sense - I don't use my phone for everything like some people and it stays in my pocket.
I'd say it will do exactly what it says on the box.
Neutron Silver 08 1400GTR ABS with KTRC K-ACT and ECO

Offline robertv

• 2008 C14 Silver
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2020, 09:15:19 am »
Thanks Michelle! Looks like we both have the same year C14. Since I plan on keeping it instead of upgrading to a newer model, might as well add the last items on my wish list.

Can you share any pics of your install?  I have Canyon Cages and a few items installed on the handlebar so need to figure out installation like where to put the control switch and actuator/throttle servo, etc. With a fuse box, accessory lights and a few other farkles I'll have to rearrange and move some items.

Here's what my C14 looks like...
https://live.staticflickr.com/4887/32352012218_759bf69623_c.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/4187/34500758202_61ba7dfd3b_c.jpg

Thanks!

PS. And yes I do keep my phone in my pocket when it rains, its useful though seeing who's calling or changing my playlist when stopped. I can see the app being useful for CC fine tuning and this device piqued my interest more.

Hi Robert. I have the MC Cruise. In fact we have 3 bikes here with one of their units. It is a fantastic bit of gear and I fitted mine myself. Quality, instructions and service are second to none.
The BT thing looks interesting. In an academic sense - I don't use my phone for everything like some people and it stays in my pocket.
I'd say it will do exactly what it says on the box.

Offline Michelle

• Saving the chubby unicorns
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2020, 08:24:35 pm »
I'll see if I can dig up some pictures. If not, I'll undo the plastic and take some more. I owe you a favour anyway.
The most difficult part was installing the electric servo because the original kits for the 08 had a vacuum one and they are NLA. MCC had not made a kit with the new servo, but after some discussion we decided that they would send a 2010 kit with a couple of different length cables and we'd be guinea pigs. It worked out very well. If the servo motor was an inch shorter it would be perfect, but it can be squeezed under the 08 skin in a similar position to the 2010.
Neutron Silver 08 1400GTR ABS with KTRC K-ACT and ECO