Author Topic: HOLY HIGH PRICED HELI ADJUSTABLE BAR RISERS!!!  (Read 8627 times)

Offline reesedp

• Sail Army
HOLY HIGH PRICED HELI ADJUSTABLE BAR RISERS!!!
« on: August 15, 2011, 07:16:52 PM »
Just saw these on ebay.  Sorry if they've been posted already.  Almost choked when I saw the price.  I had four-way adjustable bars on my dang 1983 Seca 900!  Stock!  I do not see my self saving up enough mama-dont-know-money for these...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-Concours-14-Multi-Adjustable-Riser-Helibars-/380362585942?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588f607756#ht_6251wt_940
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 04:27:24 AM by VirginiaJim »

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: HOLY HIGH PRICED ADJUSTABLE BAR RISERS!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 07:32:53 PM »
Those are the new Heli- Bar adjustable handlebars. Very nice, high quality units with a LOT of machining in them. As to whether or not they are too expensive, that is for the buyer to determine but I will say that a custom saddle for a motorcycle is in that range, not adjustable and has no moving parts.

There was a gentleman (Alex) at the COG National with a set of those and I have to say, they are very nice and fantastically adjustable. He had enough trouble with the stock bars that his fingers were numb after a relatively short ride and he is more than happy with the Heli Bar bars.

Brian

Just saw these on ebay.  Sorry if they've been posted already.  Almost choked when I saw the price.  I had four-way adjustable bars on my dang 1983 Seca 900!  Stock!  I do not see my self saving up enough mama-dont-know-money for these...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-Concours-14-Multi-Adjustable-Riser-Helibars-/380362585942?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588f607756#ht_6251wt_940
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Snibbor

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 08:05:30 PM »
Yeah, they're spendy.  But I bet they're nice.  I can see them being almost as nice an addition as an aftermarket seat.

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 08:10:10 PM »
I think adjustable titanium joints, added to my wrist, would cost less.  I bet they sell at least one set.....maybe not...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 09:05:42 PM »
Just saw these on ebay.  Sorry if they've been posted already.

Not only is it old news, but I just discussed it again yesterday.
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=3393.msg39214#msg39214
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 07:47:16 AM »
Seems funny that the Ebay listing's top picture (also the picture that is used for the preview) is of standard HeliBar risers, not the adjustable ones.

As to the price of these adjustable bars, I would say if you need it, it's worth it. there is custom castings, machining and welding all going in there to get the finished product and it looks like it will do what is intended. Looks to be strong and well made. Not for me, but obviously there is a need for it or they wouldn't have made it.
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 04:56:13 PM »
Seems funny that the Ebay listing's top picture (also the picture that is used for the preview) is of standard HeliBar risers, not the adjustable ones.

I thought that was odd, too.

As to the price of these adjustable bars, I would say if you need it, it's worth it. there is custom castings, machining and welding all going in there to get the finished product and it looks like it will do what is intended. Looks to be strong and well made. Not for me, but obviously there is a need for it or they wouldn't have made it.

I MIGHT have chosen it over the regular risers + wedges, had it been an option at the time.  It is hard to put a price on getting rid of numbness and pain...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 05:48:18 PM »
It's the same price on the Heli site, I think.  I'm halfway interested in them.  I've got the Heli risers and Phil's wedges and it ain't enough.   It was until I had a pinched nerve in my neck and now I'm lucky to go a hundred miles.  If it's that or not riding the C14 (There are no alternatives), I'm buying them.  I can sell the risers and wedges.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 06:38:18 PM »
There is a current thread about this very subject over on the COG forum. The person who bought the bars is named Alex and goes by the handle 'Gigantor' (and he really is gigantic too, and a great guy as well). He details his problem with the original bars and how the Helibars are working out for him very well. By the way, that was about the same condition he was in- he just could not stand to ride the C-14 with the stock bars any longer.

Brian

It's the same price on the Heli site, I think.  I'm halfway interested in them.  I've got the Heli risers and Phil's wedges and it ain't enough.   It was until I had a pinched nerve in my neck and now I'm lucky to go a hundred miles.  If it's that or not riding the C14 (There are no alternatives), I'm buying them.  I can sell the risers and wedges.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 06:40:53 PM »
The first picture is of stock bars but the Helibar bars appear lower in the Ebay ad. I agree that it is very confusing but the approx. $700 price is for the full adjustable bars, not stock bars with any type of riser or adapters.

I have seen them on a C-14 and they absolutely are top- notch quality and execution just like all the other Helibar products I have ever seen.

Brian

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 09:21:29 PM »
The first picture is of stock bars but the Helibar bars appear lower in the Ebay ad. I agree that it is very confusing

The first picture is of the stock bars but sitting on what appears to be Helibars risers, complete with the Powerlet and RAM ball...

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 09:27:27 PM »
That is a high price, but it brings up a question. How did we ever get to a pint when motorcycles did not have adjustable bars?  Was this something you all asked for when I was not looking?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 04:13:01 AM »
That is a high price, but it brings up a question. How did we ever get to a pint when motorcycles did not have adjustable bars?  Was this something you all asked for when I was not looking?

My Voyager has adjustable bars....  I would think price would be one reason most bikes don't come with adjustable bars.  The marketing and engineering people sit around a table and decide what's going to be on the bike in order to sell the required number to make a profit.  It's a balance game. 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 04:48:30 AM »
My Voyager has adjustable bars....  I would think price would be one reason most bikes don't come with adjustable bars.  The marketing and engineering people sit around a table and decide what's going to be on the bike in order to sell the required number to make a profit.  It's a balance game.
The seat is in the same catagory. It would be nice if they would make the bars as easy to change as the seat. But when all the above mentioned people are 4'8" with the same length arms.....

Offline vortex2

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 05:53:28 AM »
Does anyone know if they work with the factory heatedgrips? I see they have line extensions for the brake/clutch.

Offline McJunkie

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 06:28:52 AM »
Just read Gigantor's review and they looks promising. Definitely will need to change out the brake lines though. Winter project.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 04:07:23 AM »
The current issue of Rider has a very good article on the adjustable Heli bars.  I don't see a link to an online version but based on what I see, I'm going to get a set next year.  Even with Phil's wedges and the 1 3/4 risers, there is still too much lean in for me.  It wasn't bad pre-pinched nerve but I'm to the point where any pressure on my right arm is causing too much grief now.  While the price is spendy, it's worth it to keep riding.

Offline Frontier

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 08:21:36 AM »
Fancy!
I have the standard Helibar risers which are of superb quality and went on in 15 minutes. The risers along with the corbin seat made the bike perfect for my riding position. No more wrist pain. Now to just find a way so I can stay on the Corbin seat for more than 1.5 hours at a time. Perhaps some weight loss on my part would help...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 08:41:14 AM »
Weight loss.....shudder.  Methinks I have to do the same.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2011, 05:38:27 PM »
Weight loss.....shudder.  Methinks I have to do the same.

Yep, me too.  I am up to 155 lbs now :(  But more importantly, since I am so inactive now, I lost muscle mass.... I USED to have a pretty beefy butt... now it is wimpy.  I can't sit on hard surfaces for long without it hurting.  One doesn't realize just how good muscle down there is for padding, until it goes bye-bye.

Muscle weighs more than fat... I would gladly gain a bit of weight if it meant converting flab to muscle... but it is a lot of work, and I just hate exercise!