Author Topic: Reflective tape and BikeVis Bullets  (Read 7086 times)

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
Reflective tape and BikeVis Bullets
« on: August 15, 2011, 09:50:40 PM »
I got the BikeVis bullets installed last week. I was going to hang them down under the mirrors but this was a way easier location. Probably not as visible when riding, but that's the way it goes.
The BikeVis Bullets came from here: http://www.bikevis.com/

I will get a picture with the headlights on during the day as well in the next few days (on my 4 day ride).

Today I started applying reflective tape to the bike. I have done this to my previous two bikes as well and feel that it gives better visibility. I got the reflective tape years ago (got black, silver and blue but didn't use the blue) and I also got some black tape today from Cycle Gear that is wider than the other stuff that I so far have only used on the back of the saddlebags.
The tape I have had for years came from: http://www.streetglo.net/
and the wider stuff I got today came from Cycle Gear and is made by Speedmetal and has 1" and 1/2" wide strips each 24" long.

This picture also shows the StreetFX LED Brake lights lit up (this is using the flash in my garage).

Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Reflective tape and BikeVis Bullets
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 05:33:27 AM »
I got the BikeVis bullets installed last week. I was going to hang them down under the mirrors but this was a way easier location. Probably not as visible when riding, but that's the way it goes.

Interesting.  Need a picture with the lights off so we can see what you did!  I can't quite picture it (no pun intended).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 05:55:43 AM »
I will get some better pictures in the next few days. Between prepping the bike for the 1200 mile ride and actually doing the ride, I should have a few!
Scott
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 11:12:28 PM »
Took a few pictures just now after getting the bike all packed for the 4 day ride. Shows the reflective tape a little better:

Scott

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 05:30:21 AM »
Took a few pictures just now after getting the bike all packed for the 4 day ride. Shows the reflective tape a little better:

But it still doesn't show the bullet things.
You didn't mount those in the ram-air inlets did you?   (I thought that was a bit no-no, even the manual says never to block/restrict that area)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 07:39:11 AM »
But it still doesn't show the bullet things.
You didn't mount those in the ram-air inlets did you?   (I thought that was a bit no-no, even the manual says never to block/restrict that area)

No, but they are directly below them.  Pictures to come. Leaving for the ride in a few minutes.
Scott

Offline Mad River Marc

• The Kipass shall inherit the earth
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 06:05:46 PM »
Nice job,

For the reflective material, I like to use a set of tailbrights on the bags...Glow like the dickens when a light is shone on them, but unobtrusive otherwise :)

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 07:54:03 AM »
I tried to get a few shots of the BikeVis bullets and the cell phone camera didn't want to do a very good job, but here is what I got:

Scott

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 07:44:15 PM »
I tried to get a few shots of the BikeVis bullets and the cell phone camera didn't want to do a very good job, but here is what I got:

Oh, they are much, much smaller than I thought they were

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 07:45:35 PM »
Yeah, they are pretty tiny.
Scott