Author Topic: CDA Two-Fer  (Read 3703 times)

Offline Sea Level

CDA Two-Fer
« on: August 25, 2011, 06:18:24 AM »
Last night after a profitable poker game, I arrived home and took the route I have to take to get the Connie onto her pad, where she gets covered (I have no garage or shed. It involves going around my car and then around the back of the house.

Well, the grass next to the car was slippery and is on an incline, and I crashed my bike right into my car!    ::)

The right-side mirror of the bike has a big piece broken off it, and the plastic fairing to which it is attached got cracked and partially detached, and there is a big dent in the left fender of the car. Oh brother.

Offline Conrad

Re: CDA Two-Fer
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 11:40:01 AM »
Only a guess, but were there any adult beverages consumed during the game?    8)

I hope that you won enough from the game to cover the damages?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sea Level

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 06:04:08 PM »
Only a guess, but were there any adult beverages consumed during the game?    8)

I hope that you won enough from the game to cover the damages?

There may have been, but I did successfully navigate the 40 miles from the game to my home. It was the last 25 feet that did me in.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 05:04:55 AM »
Sorry about the drop, what's it gonna cost to get her back in shape?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sea Level

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 06:31:10 AM »
I've no idea, but for now a little black duct tape has put her back together enough to ride. I'm having my dealer store it for the winter and I have some projects for him to do while it's there; fixing the body work will be part of it now.

Offline timmerz

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 01:24:11 PM »
Wow, I've got a similar pathway around the right side of my house to get the bike under the balcony on the back of the house...like you, no garage! And the entire front lot is bermuda grass! Fortunately, I learned awhile ago to get both feet down as soon as I get on the grass and just feather the clutch to keep it barely rolling till I get it parked...
Sorry it went down, hope it won't be too hard for your dealer to get it looking new again during the Winter, really glad you didn't get hurt!