Author Topic: sons of anarchy  (Read 15480 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: sons of anarchy
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 06:33:06 pm »
Thanks, Conrad.  It is going to be DVR'd tonight.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 11:28:30 pm »
Wasnt too shabby, I was hoping for a little more lead in as to whos who, but they sure started things off with a bang!  With the new AUSA setting up camp things should take a few new spins.

Offline dusty1300

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2011, 04:45:28 am »
I have a college friend who I recently found on Facebook.  During the time since I saw him last (30 years), he said he became very involved with a club such as this. He says it is "scary" how accurate this show is.  Like the writers had inside guys.  I have never found out how he got out of the club, I still need to ask him about it someday.

Tom

Offline Conrad

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2011, 04:47:13 am »
Wasnt too shabby, I was hoping for a little more lead in as to whos who, but they sure started things off with a bang!  With the new AUSA setting up camp things should take a few new spins.

I DVR'd last years season ender and watched that last night. I wanted to refresh my memory. I watched about half of the new before getting sleepy and hitting the hey. So far so good.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline mjrfd99

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 06:27:05 am »
From the commercials, I don't see the appeal.  Also, looks like it doesn't help our reputation as riders.
Sopranos didn't help our family either ;)

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 06:54:21 am »
Yeah, "Hogan's Heroes" didn't help my family either. ;D
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline okxd45

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 12:17:55 pm »
Yeah.......Beverly Hillbillies didn't help my family either......ok not really.
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Online MrPepsi

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 12:44:47 pm »
It was fine for a return season.
I don't know why I didn't really remember the end of last season.
Other than the Fed woman's outcome.
I remembered that part. :)
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline zsiska

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 02:53:13 am »
He says it is "scary" how accurate this show is.  Like the writers had inside guys. 

The producer (Katey Sagal's real life husband who plays Otto) spent time with the Hell's Angels while doing the research and developement for the show.  Also the reason they were able to get Sonny Barger to play a part (although a small one). 

Online T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011, 06:50:56 am »
Off Topic but as some of y'all know that I made a very hard choice to walk away from several friendships a while back because a friend was trying too hard to have our riding group emulate SOA as well as have associations with not only HA but AN too. This Sunday I'll be getting back together with a couple of friends who have realized that the club was not worth its cost, Truth be known 8 of the original 10 members of the riding group have pulled away and the club is all but history. The so called Pres of this club was so nutz about SOA that he all but stated that watching it was compulsory.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010
Ask me about a set of Stick Coils & Harness or Precision Shift Linkage for your C10 Concours

Offline Conrad

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2011, 08:42:18 am »
Tony,

I hope that it doesn't sound like I'm sticking my nose into your business but you brought it up, so...

Emulate SOA in what way, as in illegal activities and such?

Sounds like the Pres has some mental issues to me, anyone we know on this board?     :rotflmao:

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2011, 08:45:39 am »
SOA is a TV soap opera with a biker gang slant.  Anyone wanting to emulate that in real life.....  :nuts:

We just watched the opener last night and while it was an hour and a half long I think it was over a half hour in commercials.  Thank goodness we have fast forward.

We like it for what it is and nothing more.  We enjoy the characters and the crazy plot lines.  Got surprised again by the ending.  It drives us insane trying to figure out what they will do next.  It's kinda like this forum....  ;)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2011, 08:50:44 am »
snip...

We just watched the opener last night and while it was an hour and a half long I think it was over a half hour in commercials.  Thank goodness we have fast forward.

LOTS of Hardly commercials! SERIOUSLY stupid HD commercials too IMO. HD needs a new ad company.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2011, 09:09:40 am »
SOA is a TV soap opera with a biker gang slant.  Anyone wanting to emulate that in real life.....  :nuts:

We like it for what it is and nothing more.  We enjoy the characters and the crazy plot lines.  Got surprised again by the ending.  It drives us insane trying to figure out what they will do next.  It's kinda like this forum....  ;)
So, that makes us what, the Sons of COG? 8)  Yep, SOC it is ;D

Online T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2011, 09:20:36 am »
Emulate SOA in what way, as in illegal activities and such?

Sounds like the Pres has some mental issues to me, anyone we know on this board?     :rotflmao:
The design of the club patch was as close to SOA without being a blantant copy as it could be; even used a 3 piece rocker which is a real no no around real biker groups. Even went so far as to make up patches with 1% ers on it too. Found out that he was taking testro shots and noticed that he was becoming more aggressive so ya I'd say he was having some mental issues.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010
Ask me about a set of Stick Coils & Harness or Precision Shift Linkage for your C10 Concours