Author Topic: Yuck- here come the Harley's!  (Read 17273 times)

Offline katata1100

Re: Yuck- here come the Harley's!
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2011, 10:14:33 pm »
Update:
Took wife and daughter to Applebees last night, parked in a space next to two HD's.Came out, found this note on my windshield (and I type it exactly as it was written) :
"RELLY APPRECIATE 30 SPACES IN LOT YOU DECIDE TO PARK SO CLOSE TO MY BIKE YOUR DOOR HIT & SCRATCHED MY BIKE
BE A MAN AND TAKE CARE OF IT (phone # given)

After looking at this tantrum from an illiterate, I now understand why HD riders don't use real helmets- they have nothing in their head requiring protection!
I had no idea that only HD bikes can be parked in the parking spaces in front of the Applebees. My car had a foot of space between the door and where the parking line paint is, my door never touched his p.o.s. (don't want to damage my car on his trash-cycle).
Just goes to show the arrogance of some of these "bikers".

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2011, 10:17:50 pm »
Go ahead give that pirate a call.  Or better yet post his number here so we can all call him!   ;D
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline mjrfd99

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2011, 05:03:04 am »
Ya all crack me up.  Why do they bother ya so much.  Chill 8)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2011, 06:31:41 am »
Update:
Took wife and daughter to Applebees last night, parked in a space next to two HD's.Came out, found this note on my windshield (and I type it exactly as it was written) :
"RELLY APPRECIATE 30 SPACES IN LOT YOU DECIDE TO PARK SO CLOSE TO MY BIKE YOUR DOOR HIT & SCRATCHED MY BIKE
BE A MAN AND TAKE CARE OF IT (phone # given)

After looking at this tantrum from an illiterate, I now understand why HD riders don't use real helmets- they have nothing in their head requiring protection!
I had no idea that only HD bikes can be parked in the parking spaces in front of the Applebees. My car had a foot of space between the door and where the parking line paint is, my door never touched his p.o.s. (don't want to damage my car on his trash-cycle).
Just goes to show the arrogance of some of these "bikers".

Sounds like you're lucky that he didn't take his 'tantrum' out on your car when he had the chance. Call him up, should be good for a laugh or two I would think.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2011, 07:10:33 am »
Call him up, should be good for a laugh or two I would think.

No kidding cause if he were a real man he would have went back inside and had the owner of the such and such car paged to the front door please.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010
Ask me about a set of Stick Coils & Harness or Precision Shift Linkage for your C10 Concours

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2011, 07:15:41 am »
Ya all crack me up.  Why do they bother ya so much.  Chill 8)

I hear ya there my friend; chill out.....

Not only does my best friend ride an HD I really do enjoying riding with them when I'm on the Ural as I can more than keep up with their break neck pace of 45 to 55 MPH..............................  ;D And when I'm on the Concours I love to blast past them all to which I then pull over and wait for them to catch up all the while I pretend to be bored......  :)
Tony P. Crochet
Ask me about a set of Stick Coils & Harness or Precision Shift Linkage for your C10 Concours

Offline Conrad

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2011, 07:19:43 am »
I hear ya there my friend; chill out.....

Not only does my best friend ride an HD I really do enjoying riding with them when I'm on the Ural as I can more than keep up with their break neck pace of 45 to 55 MPH..............................  ;D And when I'm on the Concours I love to blast past them all to which I then pull over and wait for them to catch up all the while I pretend to be bored......  :)

Take a book with you next time and pretend to be reading when they catch up.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2011, 07:22:28 am »
Take a book with you next time and pretend to be reading when they catch up.

I've opened my Flip Front Full Face and did the Egyptian WTF hands out salute as they rumbled past....
Tony P. Crochet

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2011, 07:40:08 am »
Ah, the simple pleasures in life....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline Tactical_Mik

• Lamh laidir an Uachtar
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2011, 08:02:45 am »
Some put miles on and some don't.  It's the same with any type of bike.  Still a pretty funny thread though.
T.S.R.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2011, 08:23:27 am »
Well, Katata1100, did you scratch the bike or not with your car door or is this guy just a numbnuts?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline katata1100

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2011, 09:21:06 am »
Well, Katata1100, did you scratch the bike or not with your car door or is this guy just a numbnuts?

Nope, my car never touched. When I exited the car, I put my hand on the edge of the door so just in case the door WAS going to hit his bike, my hand would be between the door and his bike. Hey, I don't want my door to get scratched by some flat black painted HD tractorcycle!
In Virginia City, they close school for friday because it is dangerous to have kids walking to school with these idiots about.

Three people were shot (biker violence)
http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 02:45:22 pm by VirginiaJim »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2011, 02:46:39 pm »
Let's really think about what links we post here, ok?  The one I just deleted won't be tolerated, period.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2011, 05:08:37 pm »
smite, smite, smite..............
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2011, 05:45:31 pm »
You know, I really like my new avatar  :)