Author Topic: Let's see your dog  (Read 24935 times)

Offline George R. Young

• Concours 2001 Farkles
Re: Let's see your dog
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 09:25:40 am »
. . . Did you get her from Shirley Dowser in Metcalfe by any chance?
Bella is from McDonald's Corners, west of Ottawa, but not all that far from Metcalfe.
65 CB160 (67-69), 69 350GTR (69-72), 72 R5, 73 RD350 (73-84), 82 XZ550 Vision (84-03), 01 Concours C10 (03-19), 89 EX250 (11-14), 00 SV650S (14-16), 03 SV650S (19-)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 09:27:40 am »
Maybe, you'll find this page helpful...
http://www.dogguide.net/dog-breeds-for-allergies.php

Thanks, the Airedale/Kerry Blue terriers and mini Schnauzer would be the only ones from that list that I would think about.  My wife's family raised greyhounds when she was growing up (parents both had full time jobs).  She and her sisters did most of the hard work with them so she isn't much of an animal lover since so much was forced on her when she was young.  I am still working on her though.  It might be after our kids are more grown up but I am still working on her.   ;)
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline DenverC-14

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 09:42:23 am »
Smart enough to find your neighbor's stash of maryjane or smart enough to tear up any unwelcome guests.  My money is on both.   ;D  Great looking dogs, there are quite a few of them used as MWD's.  Smart and mean as all get out.

I know a few K-9 malinois'. They are awesome pups. My girl is a total sweetheart though, but she certainly looks the part. Quite rare in CO as "pets", as I've only seen one other so far. I also have a black lab/border collie, but he's just a putz, lol.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 10:31:42 am »
We have 3 dogs. Bosco (black and tan smooth coat mini Dachshund) is the oldest at 8. Agnes (half long haired red mini Dachshund half Yorkie) 4 years old and Sookie (half long haired red mini Dachshund half Yorkie) 3 years old. This makes Agnes and Sookie Dorkies.

Agnes and Sookie are sisters, same mom and dad, but one litter apart. Those two are rescues and inseparable. Sookie is a fetching fool and lives for it. She'll bring her ball back to you EVERY time and all you have to do is to put your hand out and she'll gently put the ball in your hand.

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 11:02:14 am »
Here is Zack demonstrating several acceptable ways to use a couch:

And with a little effort, you can actually sneak up and lay down on Mon while she is taking a nap apparently:

He doesn't always sleep on the couch- sometimes he sleeps in bed or even <gasp> on the floor. Here he is hanging out with Kirby while basking in the glow of both KiPass and the woodstove....

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 11:28:20 am »
KiPass and dogs......both, man's best friend

And Kirby is a pretty nice little feller too.  I look forward to a conversation with the little guy, might be a little "dry" but hopefully I can get a "rise" out of him.. ;D
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 11:38:37 am »
snip...

And with a little effort, you can actually sneak up and lay down on Mon while she is taking a nap apparently:

Brian

I'd love to see a pic of Kirby trying that trick...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 01:03:44 pm »
She isn't afraid of Kirby but he isn't allowed on the furniture.... his claws make pulls in the fabric.  ;)  Besides, he is more of an outdoor squirrel.

Brian

I'd love to see a pic of Kirby trying that trick...
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 01:52:18 pm »
Not a very good video, but it still makes me laugh.  Tink wasnt very good at fetch; she sure loved a good game of keep away.
http://s1033.photobucket.com/albums/a411/snarf1971/Tink/?action=view&current=tinkplanykeepaway.mp4
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Makz58

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 03:43:13 pm »
OK here they are Maggie and Makz both rescue dogs and a hand full for sure $$$$$$ vet loves them so does my wife. Dogs can do no wrong here.

When arguing with an idiot make sure he isn't.
C-14 2010

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 03:49:48 pm »
True story...

Wife and I babysit dogs for friends when they are out of town. Good friend was getting ready for a trip, and was at the Vet setting up the credit card for us to have no issues if we need to take the dog in while they are gone. He's filling out the form and it asks for the maximum figure we are allowed to charge of something happens. Friend calls his wife and asks, "how much should I write in this question?" Wife says, "turn the paper sideways, write the number 8 and give the form back to the vet. Nothing is happening to my dog while we are away."
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Makz58

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 04:00:38 pm »
LOL same here as long as it is my money (ours as she calls it) she is spending. Actually they give us great entertainment.
When arguing with an idiot make sure he isn't.
C-14 2010

Offline pdlt

• Realistic about life
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 04:44:59 pm »

Wyatt my Rhodesian Ridgeback and his best friend, Sadie, the very mellow Jack Russell.  She really is mellow.  He's 10 and she's 8.  Had em both since 8 weeks.  My best friends!

Offline okxd45

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2011, 05:12:01 pm »
Our Chomper. Notice the sizeable underbite. Recognizes many words in English.......if only we could get him to speak them.........but there's still time.  ;)
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Excavator

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 08:01:14 pm »
This is Max, my best friend in the whole world.

He loves people but strangers in the night beware.