Author Topic: Trunk?  (Read 3703 times)

Offline Stubby

• 2011 Silver ABS Concours 1400
Trunk?
« on: September 29, 2011, 07:31:54 PM »
I am picking up a 2011 C14 tomorrow ( I have been looking at them for about 8 months now ) I can get 25% off a kaw trunk if I get it at time of sale. I guess I'm asking of those of you that have them should I get the bigger one or not? or is there a better option even with the 25% off?
 Can't wait to take it for a ride and this forum is a great source of info thanks you guys.

Dave
it's better to ask forgiveness than permission..... So I have been told

Offline bbhzx12

Re: Trunk?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 08:40:25 PM »
Get the bigger one.  it will give you room for 2 helmets.  The Kawi trunk is a Givi, there are tons of options.  I've had both the Kawi trunks and I'm happy with them, I did settle on the bigger one when it came out.  Definately upgrade to an aluminum rack under the trunk, the OEM one is weak.
Enjoy!

Offline GVmerle

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 08:41:26 PM »
I have the small one and am totally pleased with it.  I didn't want too much weight up high so I load the back seat with the heavy/extra cargo.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 09:02:30 PM »
Get the bigger one.  it will give you room for 2 helmets.  The Kawi trunk is a Givi, there are tons of options.  I've had both the Kawi trunks and I'm happy with them, I did settle on the bigger one when it came out.  Definately upgrade to an aluminum rack under the trunk, the OEM one is weak.
Enjoy!

+1... Definately get Phils rack, it's the best!  :thumbs:

I have the Kawi 47 liter and am very pleased with it.

I agree the capacity to hold 2 helmets is great, when I take mama out we put our stuff in the side bags and leave the trunk empty to put our helmets in at stops which is great.

Welcome to the forum Dave, congrats!  :chugbeer:

Offline Stubby

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 09:26:07 PM »
Thanks guys for the info yes I plan on phils rack and a few other things living here in Utah and with winter coming I will have plenty of time for winter upgrades....LOL...

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 10:56:51 PM »
+1, rock the BIGGER one.

I have a GIVI E55 litre and absolutely love it!

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 11:17:00 PM »
Thanks guys for the info yes I plan on phils rack and a few other things living here in Utah and with winter coming I will have plenty of time for winter upgrades....LOL...

I live in Munich, Germany, and winter is around the corner. Sorry, don't see why you laugh...

PD: get the bigger trunk with Phil's rack. Perfect comgination without making your bike look like an UFO landed on its back. (see /\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Steve's picture  ;))
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 11:25:20 PM »
Steve don't care about a UFO factor, if you saw the weight he carries with that big 55 box mounted directly to the subframe.....   

I have never considered my behemoth Connie a "looker" or "profile" bike. Its a work horse! Although the wiminz seem to like it as much as the other bikes  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 05:41:50 AM »
Steve don't care about a UFO factor, if you saw the weight he carries with that big 55 box mounted directly to the subframe.....   

I have never considered my behemoth Connie a "looker" or "profile" bike. Its a work horse! Although the wiminz seem to like it as much as the other bikes  ;D

I have the E52 now and it is large, but my wife has yet to complain...........why would she? ;D
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline philipintexas

• Phils Farkels
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 07:55:59 AM »
One thing to consider, the Kawasaki trunk is a monoLOCK and requires the additional universal mounting plate that comes with it. If you go with a Givi monoKEY trunk it can be attached to an after-market rack with the simple 3 piece SW-Motech mounting kit and doesn't require the extra universal plate.
Need a better luggage rack?  www.philsfarkels.com

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 11:51:39 AM »
Spare FOB?

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 12:17:13 PM »
Spare FOB?

Steve suffers from a debilitating diesease called noassatall.   ;D

He can't weigh more than a buck 30.

Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Stubby

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 07:51:46 PM »
Just picked up the bike today and **** its fun! Will be riding through southern UT Sat to look at the fall colors and put some miles on the bike. Phil I sent you an email for the new rack. Thanks again for all your help here guys I'm sure I will be asking lots more later on.

Dave

Offline Barry

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2011, 06:16:27 AM »
GO BIG.  Looks fine, and personally, I need the space.

Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap... Avoid it now, do a trackday.

Area P full exhaust, PC-V, Autotune, filter, flys out.