Author Topic: Concours 14 suspension setup  (Read 51512 times)

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
Re: Concours 14 suspension setup
« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2012, 03:27:42 pm »
I know this is an old thread, but I was searching for some info and found myself here. I have never really done any adjustments on my suspension since I got the bike....it felt pretty good after delivery and I just left it alone. Well, on the 4th we had family/friends over and my curious nephew was hanging out with the guys in the garage. He was fascinated with the C14 so I let him set on it and act like he was riding, all innocent enough. Well, when I wasnt looking he started inspecting everything and my brother caught him turning the rear dampner knob like it was a spinning top. I went out there today to put it back to normal and I am not sure where normal is. I see postings refering to "clicks" but mine doesnt "click".... in fact, i am not finding an all the way in or out either..... it just seems to turn and turn and turn. What has this kid done to my adjuster??
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2012, 05:53:06 am »
It should be more of a 'detent' feeling and not a 'click' as such.  You should feel something, though.  Just checked mine and it does detent, but it takes nearly a turn to do so on mine.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology (sold).  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2012, 05:53:56 am »
I know this is an old thread, but I was searching for some info and found myself here. I have never really done any adjustments on my suspension since I got the bike....it felt pretty good after delivery and I just left it alone. Well, on the 4th we had family/friends over and my curious nephew was hanging out with the guys in the garage. He was fascinated with the C14 so I let him set on it and act like he was riding, all innocent enough. Well, when I wasnt looking he started inspecting everything and my brother caught him turning the rear dampner knob like it was a spinning top. I went out there today to put it back to normal and I am not sure where normal is. I see postings refering to "clicks" but mine doesnt "click".... in fact, i am not finding an all the way in or out either..... it just seems to turn and turn and turn. What has this kid done to my adjuster??

The clicks are rather subtle and on some bikes can be easy to miss. That said, if you're not finding the 'stops', either all in or all out, you have a different problem.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2012, 05:57:10 am »
Justifiable homicide if you ask me....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology (sold).  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2012, 06:24:10 am »
Justifiable homicide if you ask me....

On a first offence Jim?  :o

I think that losing a hand would suffice.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2012, 09:44:49 am »
Ok....loss of hand, then execution.  Happy now?  ;)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2012, 05:45:46 am »
Ok....loss of hand, then execution.  Happy now?  ;)

Yes, now I am.