Author Topic: Paypal funds held for 21 days  (Read 7697 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Paypal funds held for 21 days
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 10:11:24 AM »
Paypal is the most secure method of protecting the buyer/seller.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 10:17:49 AM »
I went and read their service agreements and revisions. I do not see anywhere about holding funds. I say it is scam.

EDIT: Never mind. I see you got some clarification. It is weird though that I did not get any such email even though I only got 40 positive feedback in eBay. By any chance, do you have your billing for eBay transaction tied to paypal or to a credit card?
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2011, 06:47:40 PM »

+1...  :goodpost:

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 07:32:53 PM »

stevewfl and ZG...I agree 100% about Paypal's security...but, I don't understand the point you are making... 
'02 C-10

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2011, 07:35:51 PM »
I went and read their service agreements and revisions. I do not see anywhere about holding funds. I say it is scam.

EDIT: Never mind. I see you got some clarification. It is weird though that I did not get any such email even though I only got 40 positive feedback in eBay. By any chance, do you have your billing for eBay transaction tied to paypal or to a credit card?

Tied to a CC...

Paypal Customer Service tells me that they are "upgrading" the status of accounts...so...you might still get one...or, another possibility is that I've done something that no one at Paypal will acknowledge, but has put me in this situation...who knows?

'02 C-10

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2011, 08:13:45 PM »
Tied to a CC...Paypal Customer Service tells me that they are "upgrading" the status of accounts

That might be the reason they are going to place a hold on funds as I'm not sure if they can tap your CC if for some reason there is a claim filed against you. Not only is my PPA tied to my bank I keep a balance of money in PP and it is tied to more than one CC to broaden my choices if need be for large purchases; I've used PP for several multi thousand dollar purchases.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2011, 08:16:10 PM »
That might be the reason they are going to place a hold on funds as I'm not sure if they can tap your CC if for some reason there is a claim filed against you. Not only is my PPA tied to my bank I keep a balance of money in PP and it is tied to more than one CC to broaden my choices if need be for large purchases; I've used PP for several multi thousand dollar purchases.

Makes sense...wonder why they wouldn't just say that???
'02 C-10

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2011, 08:21:00 PM »
Makes sense...wonder why they wouldn't just say that???

Too Easy?
Tony P. Crochet

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2011, 09:53:49 PM »
stevewfl and ZG...I agree 100% about Paypal's security...but, I don't understand the point you are making...

The point is Paypal is the most secure method of protecting the buyer/seller....

What's more to get?  ???

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2011, 10:07:06 PM »

The point is Paypal is the most secure method of protecting the buyer/seller....

What's more to get?  ???

OK...I see...guess I thought it might have some relevance to this thread subject.

Already told you I agree...thanks for the input!
'02 C-10

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2011, 04:17:00 AM »
I think you got a scam email. Paypal doesn't hold funds for 21 days. We use them daily and if you do any kind of online sales, from a simple eBay listing to a full blown web site, Paypal is (unfortunately) what you need.

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2011, 07:46:25 AM »
I think you got a scam email. Paypal doesn't hold funds for 21 days. We use them daily and if you do any kind of online sales, from a simple eBay listing to a full blown web site, Paypal is (unfortunately) what you need.

Just to bring this up to date...I appreciate all your apprehension about a scam...and that was my first thought also...which is why I logged on to my Paypal account...only to see the same message on my secure account home page...and, like has been stated, I trust Paypal's security...it is awesome.  It would be one heck of a scam to get that far!  I have also initiated calls to Paypal (they are very easy to get in touch with)...although, Sarah, their digital helper, didn't have much helpful information for me! 

Even though their first email didn't say so...this only applies to Ebay sales...I don't sell much of anything on Ebay (can't remember the last time I did)...so, it probably isn't going to affect me much at all.  What I do sell on Ebay will continue to be:  described accurately...packaged correctly...shipped promptly...and so on...just like those items I've sold in the past.  Is this policy (it IS a new Paypal policy) going to get me to list more items on Ebay, so I can reach 100 feedbacks sooner?  No.  It will fail in that respect.

This has not affected other deposits into my Paypal account...deposits have been made into my account...and, the money has been available right away...and, my Paypal account, credit card, or bank account have not been drained...

So...it appears that Paypal is changing some policies...it happens all the time in this country...companies change policies. 

I think T Cro is more onto the cause of the change...

I don't like the way it is phrased in their communication...but, in the real world, it really isn't going to have much of an effect on my life.

And yes, Jetjock, you are right.  Until there is an alternative...if you do any transactions online...you pretty much need Paypal.

Thanks for all the help, support, and concern you all have expressed...it is what it is...and, watch your email!

'02 C-10

Offline AZBiker

• My photos
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2011, 02:35:07 AM »
So I was going to tell you about an online payment service like paypal, except that they would do all types of transactions (Paypal doesn't do gunz).  It was called gunpal, then gpal.  Turns out it was ran by a scammer.  Thread here:  www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=362726

Sweet jesus.  What a horrible deal.  Puts the Paypal thing in perspective though...

Just to bring this up to date...I appreciate all your apprehension about a scam...and that was my first thought also...which is why I logged on to my Paypal account...only to see the same message on my secure account home page...and, like has been stated, I trust Paypal's security...it is awesome.  It would be one heck of a scam to get that far!  I have also initiated calls to Paypal (they are very easy to get in touch with)...although, Sarah, their digital helper, didn't have much helpful information for me! 

Even though their first email didn't say so...this only applies to Ebay sales...I don't sell much of anything on Ebay (can't remember the last time I did)...so, it probably isn't going to affect me much at all.  What I do sell on Ebay will continue to be:  described accurately...packaged correctly...shipped promptly...and so on...just like those items I've sold in the past.  Is this policy (it IS a new Paypal policy) going to get me to list more items on Ebay, so I can reach 100 feedbacks sooner?  No.  It will fail in that respect.

This has not affected other deposits into my Paypal account...deposits have been made into my account...and, the money has been available right away...and, my Paypal account, credit card, or bank account have not been drained...

So...it appears that Paypal is changing some policies...it happens all the time in this country...companies change policies. 

I think T Cro is more onto the cause of the change...

I don't like the way it is phrased in their communication...but, in the real world, it really isn't going to have much of an effect on my life.

And yes, Jetjock, you are right.  Until there is an alternative...if you do any transactions online...you pretty much need Paypal.

Thanks for all the help, support, and concern you all have expressed...it is what it is...and, watch your email!
rubber side down,

Derek
93 Cali black & red

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2011, 09:41:27 AM »
Yep Gun Pal = BAD  :-\
Tony P. Crochet