Author Topic: Insane Dragon run!  (Read 7800 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Insane Dragon run!
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2011, 07:24:23 am »
I love blistering Deal's Gap.  On the weekdays anyway, when there is a shortage of cops and squids.

Example of running it a bit too hard for the bike right here..... so be careful

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2011, 10:28:16 am »
That was very nice of that rider to wave at you... greeting you that way... I usually just get a one hand wave... wow!  8)
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Graffixnfun

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2011, 11:23:32 am »
People have been trying to go fast since the beginning of time.  It has nothing to do with video, youtube, news, internet etc.  Some of us are just adrenline junkies and that will never change.  Most likely anyone on this forum that put a leg over a bike for the first time saw the same appeal.  The picture of Roland Free in his swimsuit setting a motorcycle speed record should be banned from publication!  This is human nature, that is why we can travel faster than the speed of sound, why mankind made it to the moon.  A very well produced video isnt going to promote or discourage people from doing what people are going to do.  I have seen 1000 anti smoking videos and guess what I plan to do after this post.  If people are upset with how other people ride, please trade in your "Sport" tourer for a Prius and please move your slow arse to Florida! 
2009 concours
2006 ninja 650R
2003 victory vegas

Offline gonzosc1

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2011, 12:55:07 pm »
now thats Milwaukee Iron flying right there!!

I love blistering Deal's Gap.  On the weekdays anyway, when there is a shortage of cops and squids.

Example of running it a bit too hard for the bike right here..... so be careful

Offline Spanky

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2011, 08:35:38 pm »
My avatar is from the dragon. Rode it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. We did it up and back before 8am to avoid the crowds. Very fun road if you don't go over your ability. I was with JamminJerry so I told him to just wait for me at the gas station; I would get there eventually  :). I would recommend going early if you have to ride it on the weekend. Beautiful area to ride. The scenery and the roads are hard to beat.

quiet and invisible

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2011, 01:02:02 am »
Here's my best Dragon video. I know I can't ride it like the first guy but I'm a Michigan flat lander so I think I did pretty good. If you live there you could probably ride this road in your sleep. I love it down there but I also know how dangerous it can be.
Tail of the Dragon GTR1400

The speedometer I cut in is not accurate to the speeds I was riding, I did that just for fun.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2011, 04:50:22 pm »
Here's my best Dragon video. I know I can't ride it like the first guy but I'm a Michigan flat lander so I think I did pretty good. If you live there you could probably ride this road in your sleep. I love it down there but I also know how dangerous it can be.
Tail of the Dragon GTR1400
The speedometer I cut in is not accurate to the speeds I was riding, I did that just for fun.

Nice lines. Cool tunes. 8)
2010 Connie. No ABS, no TC, no linked brakes. A real bike.
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp236/Jimmymac25/twokillboy003.jpg

quiet and invisible

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2011, 04:07:15 am »
Thanks Jimmymac. This was my second time down there on my Concours, the first time the bike was new and I was a bit more timid. I had a blast. No way this old man will ever ride like that original video.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2011, 08:31:14 am »
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine