Author Topic: I need another Key FOB?  (Read 45464 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: I need another Key FOB?
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2014, 04:35:26 am »
As in...all fobs lost = new ecu.  Get the cc fob and put it in your wallet, or let it ride in the tank glove box.

New ECU + labor = WAY more than the $40 cost for a new passive fob.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline stlheadake

• Probably not my smartest day...
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2014, 02:44:32 pm »
Do you have just one fob? Just one? If so, and you lose that one you are going to be screwed! Buy one of the smaller passive only fobs for less than $40 online and get your bike programmed to recognize it right away. Perhaps you don't understand but if you lose the one working fob it is going to cost you well over $700 to get your bike working and there is no getting around it.

I have TWO dead fobs!  I bought the bike used, and was given two FOBs.  The previous owner told me that there was a primary and a secondary.  I only used the primary.  Well now that it is dead, I discovered the secondary is/has been dead.  SO now I have two passive FOBs.  Is the newer credit card FOB close enough to the ignition in the glove box to make it work?  I ABSOLUTELY hate getting on the bike and then remembering that I have to dig out my fob, hold it up to the ignition, and start the bke.  Then put it back away.  I guess I'll get used to it!
What do you call those three wheeled Goldwings?....Chicken Wings

08 C14 WOW what a bike!
00 XR650r Hare Scrambler

Offline SevenAce

• Left Lane Passing Only
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2014, 05:20:33 pm »
Maybe order a dozen batteries? Sounds like I'm kidding - but, maybe?

How long do new batteries usually last you?

I might stitch my passive fob and a spare battery into my jacket sleeve/cuff for extra measure. This fob system has been great so far but these threads are a touch of reality. I am glad my keychain isn't dangling from the ignition while riding - but Kipass sure is a handful of tech to solve a problem that hardly existed.

Connies should have come with 2 active fobs. I think my '09 did? My '10 didn't.

Sure wish the credit card fob was 'active'. Fancy cars have credit card fobs instead of bulky clunks of plastic. But as they say 'wish in one hand and $h1t in the other and see which one fills up first'.

Whether you think you can or can't you're right!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2014, 05:28:32 pm »
Have the fobs been taken apart and cleaned?
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2014, 07:49:50 am »
I'm not understanding the 'dead' part.  So they don't work even with new batteries?  If that's the case, I've never heard of them going 'dead'...  Unless they've both gone through the wash and have not been able to be revived..  How can two fobs go 'dead'?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2014, 10:46:43 am »
I'm not understanding the 'dead' part.  So they don't work even with new batteries?  If that's the case, I've never heard of them going 'dead'...  Unless they've both gone through the wash and have not been able to be revived..  How can two fobs go 'dead'?

'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-FOB!!

Offline SevenAce

• Left Lane Passing Only
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2014, 11:21:16 am »
LOL
Whether you think you can or can't you're right!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2014, 11:45:15 am »

Bring out your dead (Monty Python)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2014, 12:19:07 pm »
Or, how about "He's dead, Jim." That fob must have been a redshirt in spirit....

Brian

'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-FOB!!
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2014, 02:38:29 pm »
Or, how about "He's dead, Jim." That fob must have been a redshirt in spirit....

Brian

In the script the character would just be "FOB #3".

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2014, 04:15:26 am »
Twits!  :battle:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2015, 09:36:25 am »
I know this is an old thread...but im dumb and lost my main FOB. so I have called my dealer and they ordered me a new one, I didn't even ask how much. My concern is my ecu has a ghul reflash, will the dealer alter that when they program the for the replacement FOB?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2015, 11:44:05 am »
Good question but I don't think so.  They are only registering the FOB, not doing anything else that I'm aware of.  Also there are two ECUs, one does the engine bit and the other does the KIPASS stuff.  I think they only mess with the one for KIPASS which would not have been the ECU that was re-flashed.

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2015, 12:15:24 pm »
Guess I will find out. I didn't notice the message until about a half mile form the office, I assume it must have fallen out of my butt then and immediately displayed "no transponder", im going to take another look, it kills me that I was that stupid this morning.

What makes me nervous is when I called my dealer they told me they needed to check and would get back to me. Certainly I cant be the only one in RI to ever loose this.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2015, 12:41:01 pm »
I assume it must have fallen out of my butt then and immediately displayed "no transponder", im going to take another look, 

You weren't sitting on the bike OR wearing pants?    :yikes:
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....