Author Topic: I need another Key FOB?  (Read 45497 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: I need another Key FOB?
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2015, 05:40:52 pm »
Yep, been 'here' since I got my C-14 in '07; nice people, well moderated and usually quite pleaseant.

Yep, I am still helping to complicate things and confuse people.  ;) :rotflmao:

What you have there is a fine idea and should work well. The only weak spot I can think of is the twine might wear a bit where it goes through the eyelet of the fob because it is so small (it has to be to fit- the eyelet is tiny). But as always, whatever method works for a person is the one to use I think. My only comments are usually trying to shoot down outright false 'truisms' and 'facts' such as 'never remove the main key' and so forth.

All of this reminds me- I should change the batteries in both fobs just because I cannot remember when it was last done- it should be long enough now.

Brian

Hi Brian,

I decided to finally come across the street and see where you've been hangin' out.  I'm glad you're still helping everyone with complications and confusion.  Here's how I have prevented loss for 7 years now.  I hope it keeps working.  Notice NO release mechanism. ;D

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2015, 08:13:14 pm »
I use a metal chain which has a metal hook and is fastened to my belt.  Goes well with the helmet and chain mail.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2015, 11:21:50 pm »
we dealers are stupid and expensive

But you will be buying @ trade price  :rotflmao: :chugbeer: