Author Topic: New company launching soon  (Read 16111 times)

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
Re: New company launching soon
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2011, 02:02:41 pm »
here is one idea that I'm sure you could make some money with: a tip over protection like the one Kawa sells in Europe, but that it costs less than a plane ticket there...  ::)
No kidding, we are looking for it.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline Damn Potholes

• AdvancedSportTouring.com
    • Advanced Sport Touring
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 05:33:03 pm »
here is one idea that I'm sure you could make some money with: a tip over protection like the one Kawa sells in Europe, but that it costs less than a plane ticket there...  ::)
I'm open to all ideas.  Keep 'em coming and i'll put some time into it.
My parts are forged with voodoo curses and unicorn tears.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 05:36:17 pm »
I'm open to all ideas.  Keep 'em coming and i'll put some time into it.
I want to mount my topbox over the passenger seat.
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 07:11:39 pm »
Make all your parts in black, they'll sell faster...  ;)

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, 08:29:52 pm »
I would buy bars that were one inch wider. They would slide in the stock mounts. Wedges make the angle perfect, but the bars become slightly closer together.

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 12:27:01 pm »
Ryan,

Hopefully we'll see you at the MichCOG outings in the future w/ your wares!!!! ;D
'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline roadie

• RIP:2009 ABS....Welcome 2015 Black
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2011, 01:52:41 pm »

+10000000
Will

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 03:23:13 pm »
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline F-106

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2011, 09:38:37 pm »
I wish you the best!! if you need some testing done I ride year round here in California. Count me in if you need any help!!
Thanks for the support.  I'm over in the frozen region, Waterford, Michigan.  In the short run aside from the previously mentioned, I will hopefully have by the end of the year a new way to mount a gps...cheap, handle bar lowering brackets and if the planets align, some mid-sets with removable touring pegs.  The last one is the big project but I think I have a firm grasp on it.  I just need to beg, borrow or steal some better tools.  Everything else will be in the coming year but the more I can get out before Christmas, the better.
IN THRUST WE TRUST

Offline Damn Potholes

• Advanced Sport Touring
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 05:55:44 pm »
I want to mount my topbox over the passenger seat.

If you were to have your topbox mounted over the passenger seat, would this be a permanent option (can be unbolted but not "quick release") or something to be put on and taken off quickly?  Would you expect to retain the stock luggage rack or have a matching luggage rack for the stock location?  What type of box would you want to mount over the passenger seat?  Any additional info would be great.  Give me something to contemplate.  Anyone else have an opinion?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 06:32:30 pm »
I've got an oem topbox that I don't use because I don't like it flying out back. For this reason I've never had need for an after market box either. I ride solo the vast majority of the time. A semi-permanant mount would be easier to design and build than a quick release I would think. Maybe a second Phils rack that wound attach to the passenger grab rails assuming they would carry the load. This would allow for the variety of boxes used by forum members. This would leave the rear rack in the stock location. The heavy load would be carried in a more optimal location over the axle as a passenger would. It should be only a few minutes work to mount or dismount the box and rack. Dismounted it would leave the bike in stock trim.
Hope this helps.
Gary
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline roadie

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 06:33:12 pm »
Ryan, you looking at this?  I'd buy immediately if you had something reasonably priced to look like what Top Block does.  Their cost is pretty prohibitive.

Will

Offline Damn Potholes

• Advanced Sport Touring
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2011, 02:36:34 pm »
Ryan, you looking at this?  I'd buy immediately if you had something reasonably priced to look like what Top Block does.  Their cost is pretty prohibitive.

Yep.  I moved this up the product development ladder.  I can't commit to a time frame as of yet or a price till I get a prototype developed  but I definitely see the possibility/profitability here.  I have virtually no overhead and I'm working with some awesome Waterjet/CNC people so price should definitely be cheaper. 

Right this minute, my goal is to get the website finished and functioning.  I have someone working on this now so as soon as that's done I can really focus on the projects I want done this year.  Right now I can only afford the free labor from my Dad (he's retired and wanted something to do anyways) so things are going slower than I'd like but I'm working on that as well.

I'm listening.

Offline roadie

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2011, 04:50:42 pm »
Sounds good, thanks man!
Will

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2011, 04:54:59 pm »

+2 or 3!!