Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 510592 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #3195 on: June 06, 2018, 03:46:10 pm »
unless it is as simple there were far more Munchkins than there were dogs in that movie?

That is probably it.  All the dwarfs were, essentially, "extras" and mostly anonymous (through costume) and mostly with only tiny exposure.  Toto had a larger role and much more screen time.  It does seem kinda funny, though.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3196 on: June 07, 2018, 04:01:33 am »
And now for something entirely different.  Some years (more than I can count) ago I misplaced my primary fob (the one with the key).  I know I hadn't lost it because I had got home on the bike and the bike wasn't complaining about fob out of range.   Looked over and over for it in the garage and in the house and no luck.  I had thought I had put it down somewhere and it slid into a box that got thrown out.   So not wanting to lose the second one, I attached a chain to it and always clipped that to my belt loop.  Only way I could lose it now was to lose my pants.  Fast forward to day before evening...   Wife comes down the stairs and asks me what is this in her hand.  Oh heck yes, I need that.  It's the primary fob to the C14.  Where was it?  It was in a drawer she was cleaning out.  I felt so good I went out and rode the Indian 200 miles yesterday.

What? You have a 2008 C14 right? Both of your fobs are the same, like mine. What's primary about one fob over the other? Both of my fobs have keys.

And after being on this message board for how many years? You've seen folks here who have lost their last fob and have spent a LOT of money replacing fobs and ECUs to get their bikes back up and running and you've been with one fob for how many years?    :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3197 on: June 07, 2018, 05:06:52 am »
Well, I don't remember if I had two keys.   I think I only had 1.   You remember how spotty the dealers were at that time.  Yep, I know about lost fobs and the issues therein.  However, being the eternal pessimistic optimist, I knew that the other fob would show up at some time or another or not.  It was either in the house or thrown out inadvertently, hence the chain and fastening to the belt loop.  If that fob got lost then I was going to get lost with it. ;)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #3198 on: June 07, 2018, 09:52:46 am »
...  It was either in the house or thrown out inadvertently, hence the chain and fastening to the belt loop.  If that fob got lost then I was going to get lost with it. ;)

You got lost, all right ... at an Indian dealership.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3199 on: June 07, 2018, 11:45:41 am »
Snip...

However, being the eternal pessimistic optimist, I knew that the other fob would show up at some time or another or not. 

That's a pretty safe bet I'd say.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3200 on: June 07, 2018, 02:04:42 pm »
Yep..   And I got found at an Indian Dealership.  Probably the best experience I've ever had buying a motorcycle. 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Online B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #3201 on: June 07, 2018, 05:57:07 pm »
Did they have a bone stimulator there? We know it could not have been the bike......

;D ;)

Brian

Yep..   And I got found at an Indian Dealership.  Probably the best experience I've ever had buying a motorcycle.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Online B.D.F.

« Reply #3202 on: June 07, 2018, 05:58:54 pm »
And now it is not just the entire human race that has had its' 'cheese slide off its' cracker' a bit: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/07/bison-gores-california-woman-at-yellowstone-national-park-officials-say.html

Now the animals are going over to the dark, inexplicably out- of- control side too. I am starting to think it is something in the solar wind or we have passed through a comets' tail or something. Sheesh!

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Online B.D.F.

« Reply #3203 on: June 07, 2018, 07:38:50 pm »
“The cheek of every American must tingle with shame as he reads the silly flat dishwatery utterances of a man who has to be pointed out to intelligent foreigners as the President of the United States.”
-Chicago Times, editorial.

It was written in response to The Gettysburg Address, given some days earlier, by A. Lincoln.

Brian

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3204 on: June 07, 2018, 08:23:11 pm »
Did they have a bone stimulator there? We know it could not have been the bike......

;D ;)

Brian

Have you ever been in an Indian only dealer?  Quite a few bone simulators in stock and ready to go.  :rotflmao:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3205 on: June 08, 2018, 05:08:28 am »
I find it quite interesting that when your phone goes missing all heck breaks loose.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3206 on: June 08, 2018, 07:30:12 am »
I find it quite interesting that when your phone goes missing all heck breaks loose.

Something I did without for the majority of my life now is a 3 alarm full panic when it goes missing. How did that happen? "Find my iPhone" is the best app on the thing.

Online B.D.F.

« Reply #3207 on: June 08, 2018, 10:55:52 am »
Because the 'new' becomes the 'norm' is the proverbial blink of an eye. We are old enough to remember when the 'remote control' was getting up and turning the channel dial or the volume knob. Now, if a remote has dead batteries or we lose one (we all have more than one, right?) it is an apocalypse and life stops until it is fixed. I cannot imagine walking WAY over to my TV and making any changes adjustments at all- it would be more horrible than death and besides, I do not think any of my TV's are controllable from the actual TV anyway.

So I hear you with the cell phone: for decades, we drove around without them and were perfectly fine. Now if we go somewhere and actually forget the phone, the shock is tremendous and it is like being in public without any clothes. Plus all the things one might need a cell phone for run through the mind at light- speed, entirely forgetting we used to cross the country without one at all.

The same is unfortunately true for negative things as well; we become accustomed to such bad behavior from our species that that too is shrugged off and in some cases, we even have thoughts that 'gee, that was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be". I remember reading about someone plowing into a crowd of people, with a car of course, at really pretty high speed. The first thing that struck me while reading the article was that only one person was killed (though many were injured). The second thought was that the first thought was amazing! I have been so conditioned to truly amazing feats of bad, excessive behavior that I am not unconsciously judging them by the damage they cause vs. what I would have thought and found myself surprise that "only one" person was killed in the idiotic event. A couple of decades ago, I would have been amazed that anyone would even do that.

Brian

Something I did without for the majority of my life now is a 3 alarm full panic when it goes missing. How did that happen? "Find my iPhone" is the best app on the thing.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3208 on: June 09, 2018, 05:39:42 am »

Perfect storm..  low battery and it died before I knew it was missing.  I was a passenger in my wife's car (coming back from our favorite eating place in Fredericksburg, had the phone on my knee and in a corner it slid off and went under the seat and I promptly forgot where it was.   Looked all over the house and couldn't find it.  Was talking with a client the day after and she mentioned the word 'seats' and it instantly came back where it had gone.  Amazing how that trigger word worked.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3209 on: June 09, 2018, 09:12:47 am »

Perfect storm..  low battery and it died before I knew it was missing.  I was a passenger in my wife's car (coming back from our favorite eating place in Fredericksburg, had the phone on my knee and in a corner it slid off and went under the seat and I promptly forgot where it was.   Looked all over the house and couldn't find it.  Was talking with a client the day after and she mentioned the word 'seats' and it instantly came back where it had gone.  Amazing how that trigger word worked.

What ever you do, don't play solitaire! And for God's sake don't look at the Queen of Diamonds playing card!!!    :o