Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 435200 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #3270 on: July 08, 2018, 12:02:10 pm »
I agree, accept for cruise control.

Yeah, I am fine with just normal cruise control.  It frees me from the tedium of having to constantly check and correct speed.  Yet I am still "engaged", perhaps even more so- I can spend that attention looking up more and planning for passes and other such stuff.

I think the line at which enough of the brain "disengages" dangerously from driving will vary greatly from person to person.  But I know my own limits- adaptive cruise control makes me TOO passive.  And although I might be OK with an *OPTIONAL* warning from lane departure detection or whatnot (full control to turn it on, off and what parameters), don't dare touch my steering or brakes....
Guhl ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, HID, helmet locks, Garmin Zumo 450, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,  Tourmaster Flex II

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #3271 on: July 08, 2018, 12:41:34 pm »
Gives all the idiots more time to read and/or send their texts/emails and ignore what's happening around them as they are speeding down life's hiway. Getting in my way or just another irritation waiting to cause an accident. I'm beginning to think "self driving" vehicles may just be better for most than actually driving themselves.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3272 on: July 08, 2018, 01:02:20 pm »
Gives all the idiots more time to read and/or send their texts/emails and ignore what's happening around them as they are speeding down life's hiway. Getting in my way or just another irritation waiting to cause an accident. I'm beginning to think "self driving" vehicles may just be better for most than actually driving themselves.
yeah,right!
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/03/21/595941015/police-in-arizona-release-dashcam-video-of-fatal-crash-involving-self-driving-ca
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3273 on: July 08, 2018, 02:33:37 pm »
We are a long way away from "real" self-driving cars.  What they do now is nowhere near what is needed.  Highway driving is one thing- complex city driving is orders of magnitude more challenging.  They are coming, and will be here at some point.
Guhl ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, HID, helmet locks, Garmin Zumo 450, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,  Tourmaster Flex II

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3274 on: July 08, 2018, 04:52:44 pm »
Well, as I was coming home in said vehicle a message came up on the front display wondering if I needed a rest.  How convenient as I was just pulling in to the rest area near Charlottesville.  I don't know what generates that message.  I'm thinking mileage at the moment.  That took me quite off guard as I'd already come to the same conclusion.
  "LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology.  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3275 on: July 20, 2018, 05:39:09 pm »
Forgive me, because I'm a musician. Specifically, a brass player.

Strength and power come from two sources. First, the muscles around the mouth, euphemistically called "chops" and second, air.

I have always practiced my instruments (I play euphonium, bass trombone, tuba, and tenor trombone) with the idea that strength is borne of chop strength, i.e., the muscles around the mouth.

I am reminded after today's practice session that that is indeed the case.  8)

(BTW, I'm really glad to be here for the bike I ride. I've learned a ton and it has nothing to do with chops.)  :rotflmao:
2012 Connie Arabian Candy Red.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #3276 on: July 23, 2018, 07:18:58 am »
Because of the dark and intense nature of the film Suicide Squad, director David Ayer hired an on-set therapist for the cast.

I would like to think that spending time around Margot Robbie dressed like that would be enough to distract me from all the "darkness". Just sayin'....
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3277 on: July 23, 2018, 05:44:16 pm »
I really liked that movie and have watched it multiple times..

On a sadder note, I've been reduced to drinking Cognac out of a wine glass.   Oh the pain!
  "LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology.  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #3278 on: July 23, 2018, 10:46:47 pm »

On a sadder note, I've been reduced to drinking Cognac out of a wine glass.   Oh the pain!

July is a bit early to be dropping Christmas hints isn't it, Jim?  :rotflmao:
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #3279 on: October 24, 2018, 08:22:41 pm »
And now for something completely different..... https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/disney-theme-parks-happiest-place-ashiest-place-earth-010652755.html

And the park employees call this 'situation' a "Code Grandma". Well, at least that is not as scary as, say, 'Clean-up on aisle six!'

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com