Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 511788 times)

Offline MrPepsi

Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #3330 on: September 21, 2019, 10:50:59 am »
My sister in law bought the fastback, they are fun as hell.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #3331 on: September 21, 2019, 01:15:28 pm »
Went car shopping in the big city and came home with this lil thing.

Congrats!  Looks like fun.  What is it?  A Nissan or Mazda?

Online Rubber_Snake

• 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #3332 on: September 21, 2019, 09:20:38 pm »
Congrats!  Looks like fun.  What is it?  A Nissan or Mazda?
Maybe Fiat?
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Symtec heat demon grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3334 on: September 22, 2019, 07:53:31 am »
Buy a car for the Mrs ?

Aw man.  That’s harsh,

but funny!   :rotflmao:

:rotflmao:

No doubt, that Gary is a funny man alright.

Tell you what G, the first time that I have the pleasure of rowing through the gears of that sweet six speed in my girly car, with the top down, while my wife and I are enjoying the views of a coastal highway somewhere, I'll put on some Beatles, or maybe The Traveling Wilburys (Tweeter and The Monkey Man of course), on the stereo, chuckle a bit, and think of just how funny you are...

:chugbeer:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Online Rubber_Snake

• 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #3336 on: September 22, 2019, 08:32:34 am »

Tell you what G, the first time that I have the pleasure of rowing through the gears of that sweet six speed in my girly car, with the top down, while my wife and I are enjoying the views of a coastal highway somewhere, I'll put on some Beatles, or maybe The Traveling Wilburys (Tweeter and The Monkey Man of course), on the stereo, chuckle a bit, and think of just how funny you are...

I had an MBenz SKS for a time.  Tons of fun to drive with the top down.  Plus, Miatas don’t look so girly in racing livery going around the Thunderhill Raceway track in Willows, CA.  Fun car!
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Symtec heat demon grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #3337 on: September 22, 2019, 11:33:40 am »

A rental bicycle that is in a peculiar place.  Spotted first on Sat. 9/8 along riverbank. 
One week later on 9/15, I took pictures Bike & 2, and a screen shot of my phone in map mode so the location is recorded.
One week later on 9/21, I took pictures 3 & 4.  That is an old railroad bridge support in the river.
I did notify the rental company to make them aware of it.  I bet it’s going to be there for a while.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3338 on: September 22, 2019, 04:30:50 pm »

You misunderstand me, Sir. I wish you and the Missus many happy and safe miles before your activity is deemed unhealthy and uncaring for the environment and becomes socially unacceptable and therefore illegal. The Left Coast may suit you til that occurs. (and I'm ok with the Wilburys)  :rotflmao:
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3339 on: September 23, 2019, 09:35:45 am »
You misunderstand me, Sir. I wish you and the Missus many happy and safe miles before your activity is deemed unhealthy and uncaring for the environment and becomes socially unacceptable and therefore illegal. The Left Coast may suit you til that occurs. (and I'm ok with the Wilburys)  :rotflmao:

Ok then, The Beatles it is.

Leave it to you to somehow politicize this...

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #3340 on: September 23, 2019, 09:49:07 am »
WTF just happened. (Again by the way)
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #3341 on: September 23, 2019, 11:14:37 am »
WTF just happened. (Again by the way)

You mean between pinkie and Mr C.? Oh don't mind that, it's just the usual outside the arena banter, it's like foreplay that leads up to an argument instead of sex.

Now as for the bicycle stuff, well I think that is going to be determined to be some sort of a kinetic art display done by either a new art student or just a crazy person that thinks they are an artist, when in fact they are a future episode of hoarders.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3342 on: September 23, 2019, 03:31:34 pm »
You mean between pinkie and Mr C.? Oh don't mind that, it's just the usual outside the arena banter, it's like foreplay that leads up to an argument instead of sex.

Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3343 on: September 23, 2019, 04:18:58 pm »
Damn this place is dead!!!

I may have to take up slamming POTUS again in the Arena just to liven this place up...

Ok then, The Beatles it is.

Leave it to you to somehow politicize this...

By the post above I thought you were looking for some fun. My bad.
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #3344 on: September 23, 2019, 05:13:49 pm »
OK then, now on to something completely different.

This question sort of fits here in "A thread about nothing at all..." because 1) it's about a thread, as in a thread of a machine screw; and 2) I'm finding almost nothing at all when I try to research it.

What is a 5/32-32 thread size used for?  ???

Is it British?   Specialty automotive?  A special size for Helicoil usage?  Perhaps an old obsolete size? I've search through many online charts of screw sizes, zooming in on many photos of thread checker kits and fixtures. I even searched through my old high school copy of Machinery's Handbook which I thought for sure would have the answer.  No. So far the only thing I've found is that there are both taps, dies, and screws of that size available, but for what I don't know.  I have found both NS and UNS designators on some of the taps and dies available, but I don't know if the s stands for special or superfine or neither.

I ask this here because some of you are a lot more experienced than I, and also have knowledge of and access to references that I don't even know exist. If I can't find it in Machinery's Handbook then I assume it doesn't exist, at least until now.

edit: Why do I ask?..short story is I purchased a set of steel nut rivets or threaded inserts if you prefer, and I noticed that it included 80 5/32-32 inserts that I had never seen before and didn't fit any of my thread checkers, neither metric or SAE so it got me to wondering why it was included and what was it used for?