Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 490219 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #3315 on: February 01, 2019, 07:29:43 am »
And now on Money it's supposed to reach almost 50*F here. That's one hell of a temp swing!

I have around three feet of snow in my yard at the moment. I really hope that it doesn't melt too fast because a lot of that melt water will end up in my garage.  :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3316 on: March 02, 2019, 04:39:08 pm »
From the 'Now I've heard everything' department.....https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/madhya-pradesh-opium-addicted-parrots-flying-away-with-poppy-pods-in-neemuch-1999471

"Opium-Addicted" Parrots Affecting Poppy Cultivation In Madhya Pradesh

But a large group of parrots feed on poppy plants around 30-40 times a day and some even fly away with poppy pods, said a farmer from Madhya Pradesh.
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #3317 on: March 03, 2019, 02:11:29 pm »
Methinks those parrots may be members of a cartel.......

Brian

From the 'Now I've heard everything' department.....https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/madhya-pradesh-opium-addicted-parrots-flying-away-with-poppy-pods-in-neemuch-1999471

"Opium-Addicted" Parrots Affecting Poppy Cultivation In Madhya Pradesh

But a large group of parrots feed on poppy plants around 30-40 times a day and some even fly away with poppy pods, said a farmer from Madhya Pradesh.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #3318 on: March 06, 2019, 04:05:10 pm »

Daylight Savings time change this weekend.   I don't think it saves anything.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3319 on: March 06, 2019, 06:55:35 pm »
Daylight Savings time change this weekend.   I don't think it saves anything.

It saves my mood and sanity to actually have sunlight when I can use it- after work!  Yay!  Now, if we can just STAY on it and never change back, then I would remain happy.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #3320 on: May 25, 2019, 04:07:03 pm »
Seeing as this thread kinda' died.....

Today is the 53rd anniversary of operation 'Upshot-Knothole Grable', the one and only test of an artillery launched 'atomic' (or fission) shell. And it was successful, depending on your definition of success, meaning that they did  indeed launch and detonate a fission weapon from a piece of towed artillery: specifically, a 280mm howitzer specifically built for this purpose and nicknamed 'Atomic Annie'. Part of that nickname comes from the artillery's original source, a 240mm rail gun designed, built and used by the Germans in WWII, two of which were used to devastating effect during the allied invasion of Anzio and given the nickname 'Anzio Annie' and 'the Anzio Express' but also called 'Robert' and 'Leopold' by their German users.

This was also a somewhat unusual fission device as it was a 'cannon' type weapon rather than an implosion weapon; only four cannon type fission weapons have ever been tested or used: Little Boy, dropped on Hiroshima, this specific artillery shell and two more W33 artillery shells although neither one was actually fired from a piece of artillery but rather detonated as a static, or 'in- place' test.

Of course this all took place during the time when it was still though nuclear arms could be used in an actual war that would be considered 'winnable'. Later on, nuclear devices got so big that the new philosophy M.A.D (mutuality assured destruction- meaning all combatants and likely everyone else would simply lose and there was no possibility of a winner). 

So here is to clever American engineers and scientists..... they actually made this thing work. I do not know if it had any particular use but it may have been a viable deterrent in a close- order battle between the eastern and western forces in Europe. ?? No matter, it was still quite the feat to get a fission weapon to withstand the fantastic forces of an actual artillery piece launch and then still detonate and function afterward.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3321 on: May 25, 2019, 05:02:37 pm »
The Atomic Museum in Albuquerque has one complete with two 'prime movers'.
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology (sold).  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #3322 on: August 09, 2019, 12:29:05 pm »
https://www.foxnews.com/us/louisiana-woman-meth-vagina-not-hers

And now for something completely different....  A woman was arrested, searched (you know, the 'intensive' kind of searching) and after the 'searcher' found $6,233 in case and roughly one gram of meth in her vagina..... and claimed that it was not hers. Perhaps she rents out her body cavitie(s) for short and / or long term storage? Maybe on a 'no- name' basis? Gives new meaning to the term 'security box'.

Reality is far, far more interesting than even the best fiction IME.

Brian (carefully keeping track of what is.... well, in some special places)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3323 on: August 10, 2019, 08:20:53 am »
https://www.foxnews.com/us/louisiana-woman-meth-vagina-not-hers

And now for something completely different....  A woman was arrested, searched (you know, the 'intensive' kind of searching) and after the 'searcher' found $6,233 in case and roughly one gram of meth in her vagina..... and claimed that it was not hers. Perhaps she rents out her body cavitie(s) for short and / or long term storage? Maybe on a 'no- name' basis? Gives new meaning to the term 'security box'.

Reality is far, far more interesting than even the best fiction IME.

Brian (carefully keeping track of what is.... well, in some special places)

"Honestly Judge, I don't know how that meth got inside me. Maybe I accidently sat on it in the public bathroom?"      :pukeface:

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #3324 on: August 11, 2019, 04:05:11 pm »
https://youtu.be/kx3sOqW5zj4

https://youtu.be/DTQ5nJmSaOI

https://youtu.be/vSQ8pvwVvJM

30 YEARS OF KAW.....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3325 on: August 20, 2019, 07:28:50 am »
Damn this place is dead!!!

I may have to take up slamming POTUS again in the Arena just to liven this place up...

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #3326 on: August 20, 2019, 08:40:06 am »
Damn this place is dead!!!

I may have to take up slamming POTUS again in the Arena just to liven this place up...

Is it dead in there too?

OK, what new bold colors and graphics will we see on the 2020 Concours 14....if there is a Concours 14 or 15 or 16 in 2020. I wonder what the sales numbers are for it's "replacement" the Ninja H2 SX SE+ ?