Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 498551 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #210 on: November 18, 2011, 09:31:56 am »
Going to see John Mellencamp in concert tonight. The theater is amazing, I've been there a couple of times before. Nearly perfect acoustics and a very beautiful venue.

As a reflection of the diversity of styles and material that have been a hallmark of Mellencamp's eclectic career, the No Better Than This concerts are formatted into three segments. These showcase John Mellencamp in an acoustic context, fronting a small combo recalling blues/country and rockabilly roots and with his full rock band. Musicians backing Mellencamp include Michael Wanchic (guitar), Andy York (guitar), Miriam Sturm (violin), John Gunnell (electric and upright bass), Dane Clark (drums and percussion) and Troye Kinnett (accordion/keyboards).

Each of the No Better Than This tour dates will be preceded by a screening of It’s About You, the documentary by filmmakers Kurt and Ian Markus, shot on Super 8, over the course of 2009’s Bob Dylan-John Mellencamp-Willie Nelson tour of minor league baseball stadiums. The hour-long film, both a SXSW Film Festival and Nashville Film Festival selection, chronicles the creation of the No Better Than This album that was recorded on that tour’s off days. The film will be shown at 7 PM at each of the No Better Than This Tour venues so ticket holders are advised to arrive in time to see it.

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #211 on: November 18, 2011, 11:18:47 am »
Going to see John Mellencamp in concert tonight. The theater is amazing, I've been there a couple of times before. Nearly perfect acoustics and a very beautiful venue.

As a reflection of the diversity of styles and material that have been a hallmark of Mellencamp's eclectic career, the No Better Than This concerts are formatted into three segments. These showcase John Mellencamp in an acoustic context, fronting a small combo recalling blues/country and rockabilly roots and with his full rock band. Musicians backing Mellencamp include Michael Wanchic (guitar), Andy York (guitar), Miriam Sturm (violin), John Gunnell (electric and upright bass), Dane Clark (drums and percussion) and Troye Kinnett (accordion/keyboards).

Each of the No Better Than This tour dates will be preceded by a screening of It’s About You, the documentary by filmmakers Kurt and Ian Markus, shot on Super 8, over the course of 2009’s Bob Dylan-John Mellencamp-Willie Nelson tour of minor league baseball stadiums. The hour-long film, both a SXSW Film Festival and Nashville Film Festival selection, chronicles the creation of the No Better Than This album that was recorded on that tour’s off days. The film will be shown at 7 PM at each of the No Better Than This Tour venues so ticket holders are advised to arrive in time to see it.

^^^^^awesome!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #212 on: November 18, 2011, 11:20:11 am »
A thread about nothing and my truck showed all the little 18 wheeler "woker trucks" at the dock who was boss today.

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Son of Pappy

« Reply #213 on: November 18, 2011, 12:25:18 pm »
I tried to read 15 pages about nothing at all.  I learned something, I aint sure what it wa though.  What ever did happen with the guy who got his bike from the dealership with no oil?

Offline MiniCog

« Reply #214 on: November 18, 2011, 01:30:04 pm »
Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.
Past: XR650R, 250 Ninjette.
Present: None...
Next: C-14, '08-09 Speed Triple, and/or Sprint GT.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #215 on: November 18, 2011, 02:01:09 pm »
Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

I hate it when that happens.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #216 on: November 18, 2011, 02:23:56 pm »
Denier!  I suspect you like it.... a lot! In fact, if your bike were to skip one of those things I bet you would be downright cranky.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #217 on: November 18, 2011, 02:37:32 pm »
'And then the defendant shot him in the fracas?'

'No, he shot him just above the fracas.'

-Anguished English
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MiniCog

« Reply #218 on: November 21, 2011, 01:32:19 pm »

You hate the 4-stroke cycle?  How dare thee.   :o

Denier!  I suspect you like it.... a lot! In fact, if your bike were to skip one of those things I bet you would be downright cranky.

Brian

Hahahahahahahhaa.  Response of the year.   ;D

'And then the defendant shot him in the fracas?'

'No, he shot him just above the fracas.'

-Anguished English

Good book.  "Franklin died on April 17, 1790.  Today, he is still dead."

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
« Reply #219 on: November 21, 2011, 01:33:01 pm »
MAME stands for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. It is a piece of software that can emulate the old arcade machines of the 80's and early 90's. Given a ROM file of an old game, it'll reproduce the workings of the arcade game on any PC.

So what a lot of crazy people do is build an entire arcade cabinet and put a computer in it. That way you have the software emulating the game, and you have the hardware of the cabinet, controls, buttons, coin slot, etc filling out the rest of the arcade experience.

I guess I'm now one of those crazy people. Here I've chronicled my adventure as I built a cabinet from scratch, installed the controls, hooked up the computer, and installed it in my basement.
http://myarcadeproject.blogspot.com/2011/09/mame-arcade-idea.html
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Offline MiniCog

« Reply #220 on: November 21, 2011, 01:36:02 pm »
Found a goodie:
http://www.rinkworks.com/said/courtroom.shtml

One of my favorites:
Lawyer: "Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?"
Witness: "No."
Lawyer: "Did you check for blood pressure?"
Lawyer: "Did you check for breathing?"
Lawyer: "So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?"
Lawyer: "How can you be so sure, Doctor?"
Witness: "Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar."
Lawyer: "But could the patient have still been alive nevertheless?"
Witness: "Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law somewhere."

Offline Gsun

« Reply #221 on: November 21, 2011, 07:06:02 pm »
MAME stands for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. It is a piece of software that can emulate the old arcade machines of the 80's and early 90's. Given a ROM file of an old game, it'll reproduce the workings of the arcade game on any PC.

So what a lot of crazy people do is build an entire arcade cabinet and put a computer in it. That way you have the software emulating the game, and you have the hardware of the cabinet, controls, buttons, coin slot, etc filling out the rest of the arcade experience.

I guess I'm now one of those crazy people. Here I've chronicled my adventure as I built a cabinet from scratch, installed the controls, hooked up the computer, and installed it in my basement.
http://myarcadeproject.blogspot.com/2011/09/mame-arcade-idea.html

You cut MDO in your basement??? You must be single.....

Where do you get the software?

Son of Pappy

« Reply #222 on: November 21, 2011, 10:17:57 pm »
Can this thread be in response to the word association thread?  Brian, be aware, Nate doesn't have anything KIPASS activated, so go rub your fob in private ;)

Offline soonerstan56

« Reply #223 on: November 22, 2011, 01:35:34 am »
Don't believe everything you "think"!

Stan

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #224 on: November 22, 2011, 04:39:10 am »
Found a goodie:
http://www.rinkworks.com/said/courtroom.shtml

Good one.  Sent it on to a lawyer friend of mine...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology (sold).  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.