Author Topic: Reefer Madness  (Read 9566 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Reefer Madness
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 04:44:27 pm »
Ah the Karmic wheel...... watched Cheech and Chong with my kids once......ever since they can't resist knocking on the bathroom door and yelling "Dave's not here man"....  and an ounce of pot was a LID and 2.5 martini would never make me want to eat 7/11 nachos.....barf them maybe but not crave them!  :'(

I only thought they were for display....  It's like eating Mo's pickled eggs.  Bad things can happen.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline Mister Tee

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 05:37:57 pm »
Now, the classic 1936 Reefer Madness is a must view for all wannabe toke heads!!

Offline tidewatergirl

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2011, 06:19:01 pm »
Mr Tee is CORRECT......so drink a couple of Martini's before you do. Me I am left to drink Dalhwinne tonight and think of the old days!  HMMMMMMM and maybe some 7/11 nachos.......or at least a dominos pizza delivered.  ???
On the blue shore of silence

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2011, 07:50:19 pm »
Go with the pizza.  You won't be sorry.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline GeeBeav

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 08:55:24 pm »
...  and an ounce of pot was a LID

It's all very fuzzy, but I seem to remember a lid as being 3 fingers - an unweighed amount, but somewhat less than an oz. That may have varied by region.

Disclaimer - I have no personal knowledge of lids, ozs, or marijuana. This is all just hearsay. I think. Can't remember. Don't quote me on that.  8)
In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 09:43:58 pm »
I grew up in HI in the 70's... you could walk out to the cane fields, and if not greedy, pick what you wanted, dry it out, and have some good stuff.  When I moved back to the mainland in 77, middle of my Jr year of HS, the stuff available was pretty nasty.

This year in CO, it's on the ballot for legalization... not just medical use, but personal use.  I can't wait to see the results.
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2011, 11:43:49 pm »
This year in CO, it's on the ballot for legalization... not just medical use, but personal use.  I can't wait to see the results.

:popcorn:

Offline mjrfd99

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 06:48:14 am »
"Come to Jamaica and feel alright"   ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2011, 06:49:20 am »
Jamaica mon...

Offline roadkoan

• Arena
  • Some are as the river, some are as the rocks.
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2011, 08:29:49 am »
Now, the classic 1936 Reefer Madness is a must view for all wannabe toke heads!!

My Dad tells about how this was once presented as the real deal.....
Showed it in school as an educational film, he was already playing in a band and "knew better", so he describes it as one of the pivotal moments where his generation began to "turn on"

Hard for my generation to understand how they ever tried to take it seriously. Ya want to ask the writers "Have you ever actually seen anyone high on pot?"

Or if they could at least done a follow-up called Tequila maddness!?
'02 C-10

Offline Conrad

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2011, 08:43:54 am »
Suddenly I have a craving for homemade chocolate chip cookies.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline tidewatergirl

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2011, 09:43:35 am »
Ya'll just crack me up!
On the blue shore of silence

Offline cmoore

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 04:45:23 am »
Yea, I would rather smoke a lid than drink a martini or anything else for that matter. I wonder what they call them these days? The mexican poot weed they use to sell in Texas cost $10.00 in the 70's. At some point the good stuff from Southern Mexico and points farther south started making its way to the local neighborhoods. The cost of doing business went up significantly at that point. That stuff was everywhere. I guess it still is. So much for the war on drugs.
2010 C14
Dallas, Texas

Offline Conrad

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2011, 05:09:28 am »
Yea, I would rather smoke a lid than drink a martini or anything else for that matter. I wonder what they call them these days? The mexican poot weed they use to sell in Texas cost $10.00 in the 70's. At some point the good stuff from Southern Mexico and points farther south started making its way to the local neighborhoods. The cost of doing business went up significantly at that point. That stuff was everywhere. I guess it still is. So much for the war on drugs.

I'm pretty sure that they still call 'em martinis.    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2011, 05:16:33 am »
You rang?