Author Topic: Reefer Madness  (Read 11622 times)

Offline sherob

• Arena
Re: Reefer Madness
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 09:43:58 PM »
I grew up in HI in the 70's... you could walk out to the cane fields, and if not greedy, pick what you wanted, dry it out, and have some good stuff.  When I moved back to the mainland in 77, middle of my Jr year of HS, the stuff available was pretty nasty.

This year in CO, it's on the ballot for legalization... not just medical use, but personal use.  I can't wait to see the results.
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2011, 11:43:49 PM »
This year in CO, it's on the ballot for legalization... not just medical use, but personal use.  I can't wait to see the results.

:popcorn:

Offline mjrfd99

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 06:48:14 AM »
"Come to Jamaica and feel alright"   ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2011, 06:49:20 AM »
Jamaica mon...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline roadkoan

• Arena
  • Some are as the river, some are as the rocks.
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2011, 08:29:49 AM »
Now, the classic 1936 Reefer Madness is a must view for all wannabe toke heads!!
My Dad tells about how this was once presented as the real deal.....
Showed it in school as an educational film, he was already playing in a band and "knew better", so he describes it as one of the pivotal moments where his generation began to "turn on"

Hard for my generation to understand how they ever tried to take it seriously. Ya want to ask the writers "Have you ever actually seen anyone high on pot?"

Or if they could at least done a follow-up called Tequila maddness!?
'02 C-10

Offline Conrad

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2011, 08:43:54 AM »
Suddenly I have a craving for homemade chocolate chip cookies.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline tidewatergirl

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2011, 09:43:35 AM »
Ya'll just crack me up!
On the blue shore of silence

Offline cmoore

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 04:45:23 AM »
Yea, I would rather smoke a lid than drink a martini or anything else for that matter. I wonder what they call them these days? The mexican poot weed they use to sell in Texas cost $10.00 in the 70's. At some point the good stuff from Southern Mexico and points farther south started making its way to the local neighborhoods. The cost of doing business went up significantly at that point. That stuff was everywhere. I guess it still is. So much for the war on drugs.
2010 C14
Dallas, Texas

Offline Conrad

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2011, 05:09:28 AM »
Yea, I would rather smoke a lid than drink a martini or anything else for that matter. I wonder what they call them these days? The mexican poot weed they use to sell in Texas cost $10.00 in the 70's. At some point the good stuff from Southern Mexico and points farther south started making its way to the local neighborhoods. The cost of doing business went up significantly at that point. That stuff was everywhere. I guess it still is. So much for the war on drugs.

I'm pretty sure that they still call 'em martinis.    ;)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2011, 05:16:33 AM »
You rang?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2011, 05:19:23 AM »
There's the martini expert! They still call em that right boss? 

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2011, 05:29:29 AM »
Yep and there are at least a million combinations that one can try and the best of all they're still legal.  Just don't drive or act up in public.

Offline tonedeaf

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2011, 08:28:47 PM »
I can certainly attest to the effects of 2.5 martinis...  as to the other...I'll drink the fifth.

Shouldn't that be 2.2 martinis? Seeing as for many of us geezers this was our introduction to converting English to metric (fortunately for our survival rate Japanese motorcycles came along a little later).

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2011, 01:58:15 PM »
I've treated maybe 5 or 6 people who have taken this stuff before Ohio banned it and took it off the shelves a few weeks ago. Good way to try to kill yourself. Mimicked signs and symptoms similar cocaine from what I saw, it would probably kill anybody over 50 in my opinion. But every single person who took it sweared that they would NEVER,EVER take it again! Scared them that bad. Of course they were all under 25 y/o with me standing next to them when they said it.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Conrad

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2011, 02:11:32 PM »
I've treated maybe 5 or 6 people who have taken this stuff before Ohio banned it and took it off the shelves a few weeks ago. Good way to try to kill yourself. Mimicked signs and symptoms similar cocaine from what I saw, it would probably kill anybody over 50 in my opinion. But every single person who took it sweared that they would NEVER,EVER take it again! Scared them that bad. Of course they were all under 25 y/o with me standing next to them when they said it.

I'll stick with the natural stuff thanks, the way God intended. *

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2011, 02:17:27 PM »
Yeah, I agree Conrad, folks who take this stuff thinking its some sort of legal synthesized "pot" get a real big surprise when they end up in the hospital almost dead, or scared half to death.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2011, 02:35:33 PM »
Yeah, I agree Conrad, folks who take this stuff thinking its some sort of legal synthesized "pot" get a real big surprise when they end up in the hospital almost dead, or scared half to death.

The adult kid of our friends tried this fake crap while at collage and ended up in the hospital because he tried to play tag with cars out on the highway. The little $hit bounced off of several cars and caused numerous wrecks as cars tried to avoid hitting him. I smoked pot from the late 70's through the 90's before quitting and never once did I ever think about doing anything quite so dam stupid and dangerous.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2011, 03:00:05 PM »

As I think back to my younger years I think I said that with mostly everything (at least I would hypothetically) including alcohol.  I don't know about the stuff that's out there now (hypothetically).

And Conrad is right, if it's grown on the side of the road it's ok by me (talking agriculture hypothetically).   ::)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2011, 03:01:08 PM »
The adult kid of our friends tried this fake crap while at collage and ended up in the hospital because he tried to play tag with cars out on the highway. The little $hit bounced off of several cars and caused numerous wrecks as cars tried to avoid hitting him. I smoked pot from the late 70's through the 90's before quitting and never once did I ever think about doing anything quite so dam stupid and dangerous.

Are you sure it didn't have long term effects?  I mean, how do you know?  Hypothetically of course.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2011, 03:44:39 PM »
Are you sure it didn't have long term effects?  I mean, how do you know?  Hypothetically of course.

He forgot what he was taling about... and he's busy eating some Cheeto's right now.  :rotflmao:
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!