Author Topic: Rooting an Android phone...  (Read 3757 times)

Offline COGnosticat0r

Re: Rooting an Android phone...
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2011, 03:51:32 am »
I rooted my HTC EVO 4G and I get a lot of information from

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1015

I flashed a MikMik rom and he has a ton of "goodies" for the EVO 4G

At to updates, most developers create new roms, or update their current rom to include the OTA updates.  Mik did this on the rom I am using, so although you cannot update with OTA it doesn't take these guys but a day to update

I really enjoy the different themes and looks that can be done after rooting, and now my battery life is incredible and got ride of all the bloatware that the manufactures put on the phone

Find your particular phone on XDA and have fun   ;)
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline graham downunder

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 04:13:49 am »
My experence with any of the 4 HTC made phones is they only last about 12-18 months before they crap out in variuos ways .  Good luck !

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2011, 08:26:16 am »
I have not had a good experience with my HTC Merge, I am on my second phone and have had to factory reset it three times.  I will be upgrading to the Motorola Electrify the next time US Cellular runs a phone sale.  I doubt I will ever own another HTC after this.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2011, 05:36:28 pm »
My HTC EVO is over a year old and has survived being mounted to the bike in the Arctic  Rockies, desert of Phoenix, LA, and all over the southeast USA.  I probably jinx it since saying this. Its been mounted on the bike for a few thousand miles more than this now heh

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine