Author Topic: Want a Rostra for my 2011  (Read 3872 times)

Offline rtarp1

Want a Rostra for my 2011
« on: December 15, 2011, 09:07:16 AM »
Can anyone please post a link to the rostra i need for the best price :)

thanks
bob

Offline Steve Bell

Re: Want a Rostra for my 2011
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 09:13:16 AM »
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=5402.0

No need to worry about this seller, I have bought stuff from this guy before and everything was great!

Offline rtarp1

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 09:23:11 AM »
thanks but i think i want to go with new .  anyone else??

Offline DonB

• Let's Ride
2012 Candy Arabian Red C14 but it's not Red to me
2012 Blue ABS Wing
2011 White Vstrom                               = o&o>

Offline rtarp1

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 03:02:55 PM »
thanks don. 

Offline jjsC6

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 07:58:51 PM »
Can someone tell us if there is any difference in the wiring on the 2010 and newer bikes?  Everything I'm finding in a search is for the earlier models, and the instructions I'm finding are also for the earlier models.  I'm starting to seriously think about installing one very soon!

Thanks
Jim
2010 Concours - Sold Feb 2013
Current bikes....
2011 Ninja 1000, 2013 BMW 1600 GT, 2012 Ducati Panigale

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 01:08:15 PM »
I do not believe there is any appreciable difference Jim. There is a slight difference if you choose to mount the actuator in the front of the left cowling as the body work changed from the earlier to the later models but people have installed the actuator in the same place on both types.

The Rostra is not a 'plug 'n play' kit for a C-14 anyway and does require some light fabrication and custom wiring. Nothing extreme but again, it is not a 'drop in' for the bike or any other vehicle either.

Brian

Can someone tell us if there is any difference in the wiring on the 2010 and newer bikes?  Everything I'm finding in a search is for the earlier models, and the instructions I'm finding are also for the earlier models.  I'm starting to seriously think about installing one very soon!

Thanks
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline jjsC6

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 02:55:05 PM »
I do not believe there is any appreciable difference Jim. There is a slight difference if you choose to mount the actuator in the front of the left cowling as the body work changed from the earlier to the later models but people have installed the actuator in the same place on both types.

The Rostra is not a 'plug 'n play' kit for a C-14 anyway and does require some light fabrication and custom wiring. Nothing extreme but again, it is not a 'drop in' for the bike or any other vehicle either.

Brian

Thanks Brian.  Murph also sent me an e-mail saying the wiring is the same.  I'm okay with light fabrication - I'm pretty creative when it comes to that sort of thing.   I have a good friend who is pretty handy as well who has offered to help.   He just bought a Rosta that he is getting ready to put on a KTM.  I'll probably pull the trigger on one in a few weeks.  I think I still have your phone number and I'm not afraid to use it!  ;D
Jim
Current bikes....

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 03:25:14 PM »
It is in regard to subjects like this that losing the old forum data really hurts. There were some really cleaver installations detailed there with some great photos. The whole Rostra installation became a sort of a communal project with quite a few people adding ideas and changes along the way. My original installation still works fine but there were some really clever improvements that are gone, and I cannot even remember who posted them.

Just remember, this isn't a case like tires where the contact area is a direct result of pressure- some really nice Rostra installations are the result of the low- pressure of the installer.  ;D ;D

Best of luck with your installation.

Brian

Thanks Brian.  Murph also sent me an e-mail saying the wiring is the same.  I'm okay with light fabrication - I'm pretty creative when it comes to that sort of thing.   I have a good friend who is pretty handy as well who has offered to help.   He just bought a Rosta that he is getting ready to put on a KTM.  I'll probably pull the trigger on one in a few weeks.  I think I still have your phone number and I'm not afraid to use it!  ;D
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline jjsC6

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 06:11:18 AM »
Thanks again Brian.  I'll probably do it next month.  I'm not good at documenting my installs, but I will make an effort to do so.
Jim
Current bikes....