Author Topic: HF 1467  (Read 4039 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: HF 1467
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 09:13:05 am »
I have never had to defend my life or the life of a loved one. So I really cannot say exactly how I would react in a life or death situation. But I’m pretty sure the last thing I would be thinking about is what laws should apply. Now I also believe you shouldn’t use deadly force unless your life is truly in danger. But to know if your life is in danger you have to know the intent of the perpetrator as well as their ability to inflict harm and you probably have about .02 seconds to determine that. Therefore I believe any laws regarding this matter should err on the side of self defense and reflect that defending your life or the life of a loved one is as instinctive as breathing. This is why I believe in the castle doctrine and believe it should be the law of the land throughout the United States and its territories.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 09:22:52 am »
..... that defending your life or the life of a loved one is as instinctive as breathing. This is why I believe in the castle doctrine and believe it should be the law of the land throughout the United States and its territories.

I was really pleased to have found out that MI has recently passed laws that protect a person from being sued by the prep or his family if you shoot them inside of your home. I know that times are tough but if you break into my home I think it safe to assume that you are not here to just borrow a cup of sugar. I will give you two options get the ____ out, or face down making snow angels; if you care for neither option I will shoot you. I'm working on getting the wife into the same train of thought.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010
Ask me about a set of Stick Coils & Harness or Precision Shift Linkage for your C10 Concours

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 04:27:02 pm »
Me too!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.