Author Topic: More Reflective tape  (Read 4293 times)

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
More Reflective tape
« on: January 05, 2012, 08:04:45 PM »
I recently got a great deal on a Shad SH46 and after riding today, figured I would add some of the reflective tape I have used in the past to help make it more visible. I don't know how visible or reflective the existing stickers/paint is, so I figured more is better.

Before:

After:

After from a little further back:

And from a front view:

I always recommend making yourself more visible to drivers and reflective tape is a really easy way to do that, and it doesn't need to be everywhere and it also can be made to blend in. The tape I used is either silver or black, but reflects light about the same.
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline jonathan

Re: More Reflective tape
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 08:03:51 AM »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 02:22:51 PM »
[image]

Ooh, for some reason, I do like that!  Is that yours?  Are they individually-applied stripes?  Did you cut the shapes out yourself?  They look perfect (although it would be a big debate in my mind if it would be better to have the kind that is black/dark color in daylight but reflects at night).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline jonathan

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 07:46:58 AM »
Ooh, for some reason, I do like that!  Is that yours?  Are they individually-applied stripes?  Did you cut the shapes out yourself?  They look perfect (although it would be a big debate in my mind if it would be better to have the kind that is black/dark color in daylight but reflects at night).

Yes, that is mine. I had some 1" wide reflective tape left over from another project. I made a template to fit the area and then used it as a pattern to cut and place the individual strips. I like it because this works in both daylight and at night whereas the black reflective sheet only works at night. Of course you could put the white stripes on top of the black sheet for double the fun.