Author Topic: Added Phil's Wedges and Murph's Risers today...  (Read 28032 times)

Offline backoutonthehighway

• More cowbell!
    • Back Out On The Highway
Added Phil's Wedges and Murph's Risers today...
« on: January 08, 2012, 02:04:01 PM »
Added Phil's Wedges and Murph's Risers yesterday...

The first photo is stock, the second with risers and wedges.

Photo three is a shot with Phil's Wedges on the left hand side only. It seemed like I would like the revised angle, but I knew I still needed more height, so I added the wedges and risers to both sides. See Photo four.

I took it on a brief 60 mile loop with a few twisties and couldn't tell a lot of difference in the handling. But remember, I'm coming from an exclusively cruiser background, so I probably wouldn't know a handling issue if I had one.

I do like the more upright seating and almost all of the pressure is off my wrists. I also like the fact that I no longer see handlebar ends in my mirrors. I need to ride it a bit more to see if I really like the wedges and I'll probably pull the whole assembly and try the Heli Risers as well. Stay Tuned... 
2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 2006 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan Classic | 2003 Yamaha Star 650 (Sold)

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
Re: Added Phil's Wedges and Murph's Risers today...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 02:18:10 PM »
I have Murph's risers and they help, I use the Ram Mount every time I ride for my iPhone.  I had Murph's risers and Phil's Wedges and while the hand position FELT the best, the wedges brought my hands too close together making turn in's feel too uncomfortable for ME.  I should have removed the risers and tried the wedges only before I sold the wedges but I did not want to lose the Ram ball.  I later found another option for the Ram ball which I use on the RT. 

• More cowbell!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 07:00:54 PM »
I have Murph's risers and they help, I use the Ram Mount every time I ride for my iPhone.  I had Murph's risers and Phil's Wedges and while the hand position FELT the best, the wedges brought my hands too close together making turn in's feel too uncomfortable for ME.  I should have removed the risers and tried the wedges only before I sold the wedges but I did not want to lose the Ram ball.  I later found another option for the Ram ball which I use on the RT.

I have a 120 mile round trip commute to a client office tomorrow, so I should have a better idea of how well they fit me.
2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 2006 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan Classic | 2003 Yamaha Star 650 (Sold)

• More cowbell!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 07:54:40 PM »
After a couple of weeks with the risers and wedges, I am completely sold on the risers. Not quite so sure on the wedges yet. I'm going to switch over to the Heli-risers next week before I come to any conclusions.

:-\

• More cowbell!
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 02:48:57 PM »
Update: Switched the Murph's risers/Phils Wedges out for the Heli risers last week and went for a brief ride with Big Poppa. Quite happy with the new hand positioning (wider/flatter than with the wedges). Plus these are 2" wedges, so I'm just slightly more upright. If I still feel the same way  at the end of this week with another 3-400 miles on it, I'll sell the Murph's Risers and Phil's Wedges.

Offline Toaster

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 05:04:52 PM »
I installed Murph's risers/Phils Wedges on my 09 last year and love the set up. Has taken the pain out of my right wrist. Needless to say I am very pleased  :)

Offline momo65

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 03:38:40 PM »
I bought Heli risers from the get go, they work pretty good for me, i never used any other risers, the only problem i see is my wrist just needs a little more of a turn outwards, not much but a little more would be just perfect, ha ha sound like an old man here .

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 08:58:46 PM »
I bought Heli risers from the get go, they work pretty good for me, i never used any other risers, the only problem i see is my wrist just needs a little more of a turn outwards, not much but a little more would be just perfect, ha ha sound like an old man here .

Try Phil's Wedges.  I have Heli risers too, but it just wasn't quite enough.  I was skeptical about how something so small (the wedges) could make any difference.  WOW was it different.  *ALL* my pain and numbness went totally away.  May not be the solution for everyone, but it certainly worked for me (and many others too).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

MGvalerio

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 12:10:45 AM »
Qua in ((( Italia))) i GTRisti viaggiono con la mia idea e realtà delle cose, con un solo numero di scarpa non può andare bene a tutti ..quindi ho inventato gli alza manubri sezionati ..vedere filmato.

Here in (((Italy))) i GTRisti traveling with my idea and reality of things, with only one shoe size can not fit at all .. so I invented the dumbbell cut up .. see movie.

http://youtu.be/gCngsraEuCg

15mm.20mm.30mm.52mm.

MGvalerio. 8)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 04:23:29 AM by MGvalerio »

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 04:06:07 AM »
Adjustable footpegs in the background? Have we seen these yet?

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 09:45:47 AM »
Wow, one size doesn't fit all.  :o
2009 Black Kawasaki Concours 14
2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville

MGvalerio

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 01:01:37 AM »
Wow, one size doesn't fit all.  :o

It would be like saying that a shoe is not in need of various sizes, a number only and not fit all,
 it seems very strange thing, however, I inform.

Sarebbe come dire che un scarpa non abbia bisogno di svariate misure,un numero solo e va bene a tutti,
mi sembra molto strana la cosa,comunque io informo.

MGvalerio. 8)

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 09:22:28 AM »
MGvalerio, clearly, you have too much free time.  I say that with envy though  ;)

BTW, I have Murphs risers and Phil's wedges, and they do help A LOT!

--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

MGvalerio

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 12:50:17 PM »
MGvalerio, clearly, you have too much free time.  I say that with envy though  ;)

BTW, I have Murphs risers and Phil's wedges, and they do help A LOT!

C1xRider ;D ... sono in  pensionato da 4 anni e mi diletto a costruirmi KIT per la mia GTR avendo ancora la possibilità di poter osufruire a macchinari CMC ;)

MGvalerio. 8)

C1xRider ;D ... I am retired for 4 years and I am delighted to build my kit for my GTR still having the possibility to use machinery to CMC