Author Topic: Post your light bar photos?  (Read 26121 times)

Offline Squishman

• Arena
Re: Post your light bar photos?
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2012, 09:39:54 AM »
Here is my set up now with the Cree LED's and HID Xenon headlamp. Thanks for the help, and thx Mr. Snarf for the great brackets! I am happy with the color.

Todd
Eagan, MN
Photos of my 1999 Conk: http://s751.photobucket.com/home/Squishman/index
Fav farkles: custom-cut Corbin Seat, Sonic 1.2's, Sisf's righteous carb work, Yamaha ATV bars, Spoofak, Rifle Shield, Stick Coils.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2012, 04:10:17 PM »
Looks fantastic. How do the Crees work lighting up the ditches?
Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline Squishman

• Arena
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2012, 05:02:50 PM »
Haven't ridden at night yet! Winter is just getting over. This week will be nice. I'll let ya know.
Todd
Eagan, MN
Fav farkles: custom-cut Corbin Seat, Sonic 1.2's, Sisf's righteous carb work, Yamaha ATV bars, Spoofak, Rifle Shield, Stick Coils.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2012, 08:40:37 PM »
Never noticed you are inMN. I am in ND. Still have the bike apart thinking I had weeks to go. Very warm today. Goota get my butt in gear!
Wayne

quote author=Squishman link=topic=6794.msg88293#msg88293 date=1331506970]
Haven't ridden at night yet! Winter is just getting over. This week will be nice. I'll let ya know.
[/quote]
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline DannyL

• PJF4x4
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2012, 09:24:45 PM »
The light brackets that mount to the cowling using pre-existing holes as pictured above are made by forum member and friend to all SNARF contact him via PM sent him money and he will send you a set.

I like mine..... I lined the back side of mine with the soft half of velcro so that I would not worry about the brackets marking my paint.
What the heck is on the ends of your front axle???

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2012, 11:18:55 PM »
What the heck is on the ends of your front axle???

Sliders?
'02 C-10

Offline syntor

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2012, 12:04:01 AM »
Its a light bar....just on the other end...... and hooked up to a brakelight modulator.

Offline ddavid

« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2012, 05:02:08 PM »
Mine are a set of aluminum  pieces bent into "gull wings". Mounted to lip of fairing near top of wheel. Drilled two holes but they won't show if I take the lights out.

Offline flaboy

« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2012, 05:19:48 PM »
Guess I'll jump on this thread too. It's been a while since I have had time to post here been real busy with moving and the new job. I have sold a few of these to other members here, Doug being one of them for the lower bracket. I do do a lot of night driving in Fl. and I want to be able to light up the sides of the road and see whats about to jump out in front of me. Plus they do come in very handy when I am trying to get the attention of the idiot cager that I know does not see me. I have them set up on one switch double pole so only one set of lights are on at one time.
Todd Corder
Plant City, Fl.

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2012, 07:34:01 AM »
I used a section of aluminum angle bar, radiused for tire clearance & epoxied a section of 3/8" tubing underneath to protect the wires. Bolted up to the 2 front lower side fairing bolt holes.    Since that pic was taken, I've removed the lower fog lites & trimmed the bar accordingly.  Also, as a benefit, the bar is sturdy enough, that it prevented damage during a parking lot tipover when the sidestand wasn't deployed properly ::)
'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2012, 02:29:05 PM »
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline jklhill

« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2012, 04:59:52 PM »
 :yikes:

Offline Squishman

• Arena
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2012, 05:10:08 PM »
Snarfs brackets and these lights
http://24x7diy.com/product_info.php/cPath/33/products_id/63

TurboJoe, looks like we chose the same color for Snarf to powdercoat them. I also have a '99 conk.
I like the way they turned out. Yours looks good too.
Todd
Eagan, MN

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2012, 08:44:46 PM »
Okay, question for ALL you riders that have aux lights. How many of you run them ALL the time? or just at night? I'm going to install some lights, I'm looking for enhanced night riding. Those of you that know me know I work 3rd shift 22:00-06:00 I do ALOT of night riding. I already have an HID kit, that is great. But I would also like more (off to the side).  Any suggestions would be great. I have a set of SNARF brackets on the way too. Also how may have the stock alternator? and if your running 55watts x 2, do you still leave them on all the time?

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline Squishman

• Arena
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2012, 09:42:00 PM »
Okay, question for ALL you riders that have aux lights. How many of you run them ALL the time? or just at night? I'm going to install some lights, I'm looking for enhanced night riding. Those of you that know me know I work 3rd shift 22:00-06:00 I do ALOT of night riding. I already have an HID kit, that is great. But I would also like more (off to the side).  Any suggestions would be great. I have a set of SNARF brackets on the way too. Also how may have the stock alternator? and if your running 55watts x 2, do you still leave them on all the time?

Cheers
Ron

The lights I got don't use much power at all. I do have a switch, but leave them on during the day. I have the stock alternator. The Cree lights I got have a circuit that knows when you start the engine and when you turn off your key, even though it is wired to the battery. It is not wired to anything else. They stay on for 20 seconds after you shut off your key too.
Todd
Eagan, MN

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2012, 03:22:17 PM »
I have a 55 watt HID headlight conversion kit with Murph's headlight harness and I wired my Aux lights right into the same circuit.

The Aux lights say they use 20 watts of power, I don't know if that's one light or both lights together.  I have the stock alternator and the lights don't come on until you hit the starter button, just like the headlight, and they are always on when the bike is running. (no on/off switch)

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2012, 03:29:14 PM »
TurboJoe, looks like we chose the same color for Snarf to powdercoat them. I also have a '99 conk.
I like the way they turned out. Yours looks good too.

Squishman, did you notice how nice of a job Snarf did at matching the color of the bracket, to the lighter purple pin stripe the PO had used on my bike?  (wasn't intentional, he didn't know about the pin stripe, some things just work out.  I like the way this "thing" worked out)

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2012, 05:04:01 PM »
Quote from: turbojoe78 link=topic=6794.msg94789#msg94789 date=13333[list type=decimal
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]15754]
Squishman, did you notice how nice of a job Snarf did at matching the color of the bracket, to the lighter purple pin stripe the PO had used on my bike?  (wasn't intentional, he didn't know about the pin stripe, some things just work out.  I like the way this "thing" worked out)
Oh it was intentional. I had a few of my 'people' take photos of your bike. Geez try and do something nice for a fella and look what ya get. :rotflmao:
I try to match the colors, powder isnt quite like paint. Powder in its raw form looks NOTHING like it does after it melts and cures. You can bet your a$$ Im bringing my color chart to the Nationals.
Dont be alarmed if you see me REAL close to your bike LOL.
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2012, 07:31:44 PM »
Not sure if I should start a new thread or hijack this one! I have Snarfs brackets in hand and need to get some lights. I am looking at FF 50's and FF 75's. Any major diff in the 2 other than dimensions? Output?  So many choices . My price range is 100-130. Thanks
Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2012, 08:17:45 PM »
Not sure if I should start a new thread or hijack this one! I have Snarfs brackets in hand and need to get some lights. I am looking at FF 50's and FF 75's. Any major diff in the 2 other than dimensions? Output?  So many choices . My price range is 100-130. Thanks
Wayne
hijack away. Every topic around morphs info something differant; especialy around the end of page two. we have done pert good since I didnt even start the post.
I cant speak for the 75's but I love my FF50's.  I have the driving lights not the fog. They shoot damn good light down the road
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."