Author Topic: Wasn't so much as a drop as it was a knock down and out  (Read 4455 times)

Offline MiloMorai

Wasn't so much as a drop as it was a knock down and out
« on: February 07, 2012, 09:05:14 PM »
Dodge 1500 pickup decided to make a left turn while i and a car going in the opposite direction of me  were in the intersection.  Truck hit me and i hit the other car.  six broken ribs, collar bone and shoulder and still in hospital.  Just a tad bit sore:-). hank GOD daughterr just wound up with 6 stitches ans some road rash.   Have to buy her some more gear.  lol police had to keep her off the driver

Excavator

Re: Wasn't so much as a drop as it was a knock down and out
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 09:33:43 PM »
Wow, those injuries are gonna take some time to get over, glad your daughter wasn't hurt too bad. I have had an unusual amount of people pulling out in front of me lately, it's like no one is paying attention at all. Hope you guys heal up soon and good luck on the bike repairs.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 10:02:52 PM »
Wow, that sucks MM!  :o

Wishing a speedy recovery to you and your daughter bro!

:grouphug:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 04:35:52 AM »
Dodge 1500 pickup decided to make a left turn while i and a car going in the opposite direction of me  were in the intersection.  Truck hit me and i hit the other car.  six broken ribs, collar bone and shoulder and still in hospital.  Just a tad bit sore:-). hank GOD daughterr just wound up with 6 stitches ans some road rash.   Have to buy her some more gear.  lol police had to keep her off the driver

That'a girl!

Glad to hear she's ok that and you're able to tell us about it. 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MiloMorai

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 10:06:05 PM »
Thanks for the support guys.  Been home now for about a week and and a half.   Finally got to see my bike yesterday. Insurance has totaled it. Broke my heart to see it in the condition it's in now.  Oh well.  I'm on the prowl now for another Concours once everything is settled.

Offline roadie

• RIP:2009 ABS....Welcome 2015 Black
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 01:44:08 AM »
Thanks for the support guys.  Been home now for about a week and and a half.   Finally got to see my bike yesterday. Insurance has totaled it. Broke my heart to see it in the condition it's in now.  Oh well.  I'm on the prowl now for another Concours once everything is settled.

Glad you are on the mends.  Whenever I read "left hand turn" stories it makes me trust left hand turners even less.  Even going home yesterday I had to stop myself from target fixating on one waiting to cut across the lane.
Will

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 12:47:51 PM »
Wow, those injuries are gonna take some time to get over, glad your daughter wasn't hurt too bad. I have had an unusual amount of people pulling out in front of me lately, it's like no one is paying attention at all. Hope you guys heal up soon and good luck on the bike repairs.

Glad you are mostly OK........

I'm sure its been said-but America's drivers are FAR worse than ever. I've driven/rode since '75 and it's all bad....thats why I bee line for the country
    Mike
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline Makz58

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 01:08:40 PM »
Kind of late to comment here but last riding season here four motorcyclists were killed when vehicles turned left in front of them....cage drivers all female. Not sure that means anything but a buddy of mine swears the opposite sex cannot see bikes. Glad you were not hurt worse and that your daughter is OK.
When arguing with an idiot make sure he isn't.
C-14 2010

Offline MiloMorai

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 06:00:08 PM »
Kind of late to comment here but last riding season here four motorcyclists were killed when vehicles turned left in front of them....cage drivers all female. Not sure that means anything but a buddy of mine swears the opposite sex cannot see bikes. Glad you were not hurt worse and that your daughter is OK.

Thanks for your support.  Driver of the truck was male and the drive of the car was female.  Both said they didn't see me.  Oh well.....  Insurance wants to give me 3000 for my bike minus 500 for towing and storage.  I'm arguing I shouldn't have to pay for storage and towing as the accident was not my fault.  We'll see what happens.   Feels weird not having my bike for Bike Week.

Offline basmntdweller

• The Profile Brotherhood
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 07:12:26 AM »
Don't hesitate, call a lawyer. When insurance starts trying to play games like that it is time to even the odds.

Matt
'09 C14
'98 DR-350
'11 Suzuki C50T wife's ride since she hates my Connie
'03 Honda CBR600RR track bike