Author Topic: Progressive Ins. SUCKS  (Read 2477 times)

Offline rcannon409

Re: Progressive Ins. SUCKS
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 06:05:26 pm »
I went with Progressive on my two street bikes and dirt bike. All have full coverage and 100 deductible.  319.00 per year.  We ended up switching over our cars after the motorcycle quote was so reasonable.  I believe they are looking to insure only a small segment and price the other people out.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 07:08:38 pm »
I went with Progressive on my two street bikes and dirt bike. All have full coverage and 100 deductible.  319.00 per year.  We ended up switching over our cars after the motorcycle quote was so reasonable.  I believe they are looking to insure only a small segment and price the other people out.
I guess I'm part of "the other people"

Offline Lodogg2221

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 08:47:02 pm »
Well, Im a happy Progressive customer.

There are lots of factors, and quite a few people dont check, they just get whatever the agent recommends. 
Mine, full coverage, with comprehensive (if I drop it, or it falls over, its covered), with a $250 deductible, on my 95 Connie is roughly $216/yr. 
No accidents and no tickets.  No other vehicles at all insured with Progressive either. 

Of course people say that all the time about tickets/accidents, and Ive found that some forget about tickets, or dont realize how far back their insurance goes.
Some others still dont realize that their credit rating plays a role in the insurance cost too.
What state you live in makes a difference too....were I in Michigan instead of Indiana, Id bet Id be paying more than double what I am now...

Lots of factors, but if you feel like you are paying too much, there are WAY too many options to stick with that company. 
Say what?

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 11:14:16 pm »
Progressive full coverage 2009 C14 $673

Foremost Ins Same bike same coverage $389

This post made me decide to get a quote from Foremost just to check how it would work for me.
It was $42 cheaper, and I don't know if Progressive might go lower when renewal time comes around.
I'll check again then, but I doubt I would leave Progressive to save $42.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 04:53:18 am »
Well, Im a happy Progressive customer.

There are lots of factors, and quite a few people dont check, they just get whatever the agent recommends. 
Mine, full coverage, with comprehensive (if I drop it, or it falls over, its covered), with a $250 deductible, on my 95 Connie is roughly $216/yr. 
No accidents and no tickets.  No other vehicles at all insured with Progressive either. 

Of course people say that all the time about tickets/accidents, and Ive found that some forget about tickets, or dont realize how far back their insurance goes.
Some others still dont realize that their credit rating plays a role in the insurance cost too.
What state you live in makes a difference too....were I in Michigan instead of Indiana, Id bet Id be paying more than double what I am now...

Lots of factors, but if you feel like you are paying too much, there are WAY too many options to stick with that company.

You're right there. I didn't even know what my credit rating was until recently when we bought a new car. Our salesman said that he's never seen anyone with a score as high as mine before.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 05:01:49 am »
I've heard the same thing.  Unfortunately Progressive and others look at those scores.  My auto insurance with them moved up a few dollars because I bought some items on credit.  I paid them off within a year but the affect lingers on.  And here I thought I was helping the economy...  I hate the Man.
  "LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology.  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.