Poll

Vote to be part of the KIPASS BYPASS MOD by BDF

Vote to be part of the buy....
96 (89.7%)
Don't press this button.......
11 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: KIPASS BYPASS Mod by BDF  (Read 120846 times)

Offline C14lvr

Re: KIPASS BYPASS Mod by BDF
« Reply #255 on: January 21, 2017, 10:20:14 pm »
Thanks, Brian. I'll give that a try.

The only thing... the first time I tried to use the fork lock and it malfunctioned the bike was new.
I happened to be over 100 miles from home at the time, and had stopped at a restraunt.
I decided to lock it up, and that was the time the stove knob switch actually turned a full 360 degrees on me. That freaked me out. But it eventually freed up, and unlocked.

You guys are probably right about how easily it could be broken and defeated, though.
Pushing this beast would raise a lot of attention!
It's bulk is it's best defense!

Hey... at least my Keypass has never stuck!
But thanks Brian for the info on how to get outta that jamb if it happens.
Bob
2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline Conrad

« Reply #256 on: January 22, 2017, 05:48:16 am »
Flat earth.

No one knows since all the **** keeps falling off.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #257 on: April 04, 2017, 04:03:43 pm »
Do you just plug the bypass in and leave it? Or do you just plug it in when/if you need it?
Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #258 on: April 04, 2017, 04:06:39 pm »
Do you just plug the bypass in and leave it? Or do you just plug it in when/if you need it?
Wayne

Scratch that! Went and reread, the fuse is the switch. Put fuse in if/when you need it.
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #259 on: April 06, 2017, 09:18:28 am »
Sadly, the same thing occurred to me.. :o

You've been hangin' with the wrong crowd, and our "group think" is starting to get a toe hold in your brain.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #260 on: April 06, 2017, 10:21:03 am »
Other way around- the fuse stays in the harness until the activation switch sticks- then you remove and reinsert the fuse to activate the system. Which is a good system because you will not lose or misplace the fuse, and the fuse assembly is waterproof while closed.

Brian

Scratch that! Went and reread, the fuse is the switch. Put fuse in if/when you need it.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #261 on: May 28, 2017, 07:39:18 pm »
28 May 2017 Update:

Finally have some in stock. They can now be ordered from my web page for delivery in the US, and e-mail me for shipping overseas.

I tried to respond to all who had inquired about these but please forgive me if I missed anyone (multiple e-mail addresses to keep track of).

BTW: for whatever reason, shipping a small package overseas from the US has become somewhat reasonable. No idea why this is but it is a pleasant surprise to me, and I hope so of my customers!

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #262 on: June 08, 2017, 04:47:12 pm »
Brian, I just went to your page and noticed the "low fuel eliminator".  Do we have a thread regarding that?  I need one...I detest that warning.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #263 on: June 08, 2017, 04:50:09 pm »
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology (sold).  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #264 on: June 08, 2017, 04:59:10 pm »
Wow, four minutes and Jim already beat me to it.... :-)

Yep, and I happen to have some in stock at the moment also- I usually run out of them and take far too long to rebuild stock but you happen to catch me 'fat' with them.

Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions or of course post them here for public viewing if you want. Either way, I will do my best to answer them.

BTW- you can clear that and any other warning (although only one at a time) by pressing and holding the top button, then pressing and releasing the bottom button, then releasing the top button. The warning will clear but the range display will still not work until you re- fuel; my circuit eliminates the warning and also allows the range indicator to continue to function. I just wanted to pass that along because any C-14 owner can clear the warning without buying anything and I do not want to sell anything under false pretenses. Full disclosure and all, so when I testify to Congress it goes smoothly.... unlike Kirby's testimony, which is going to be a disaster as I keep telling him. Of course, he feels immune to any form of prosecution or punishment..... but I digress.   ;D

Brian

Brian, I just went to your page and noticed the "low fuel eliminator".  Do we have a thread regarding that?  I need one...I detest that warning.

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #265 on: June 08, 2017, 06:14:02 pm »
So, Ive been seeing that warning for 4 years? I feel like a fool...always hated that warning.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #266 on: June 08, 2017, 09:18:18 pm »
Do not know what to say- this information was in the original '08 (released in June of '07) model year owner's manual. ???????????

My farkle does more: it eliminates the spastic finger dance (that many find impossible to dangerous, especially with heavy gloves on) to remove the warning AND it preserves the range function.

Best of luck whichever way you go.

Brian

So, Ive been seeing that warning for 4 years? I feel like a fool...always hated that warning.

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #267 on: June 09, 2017, 07:24:02 am »
Brian, it just goes to show....as smart as you are, you cant fix dumb.  I was dumb,  and should have read about canceling the warning, and at some point, I will get this device. 

The piece of mind I get with your KIPS device is worth way more than the dollars I paid for it.

For me, the computer in this bike is its worst feature. It is dangerous when you have pop up messages appear.  Cant help but assume the worst, and it takes my mind off of what I should be concerned with.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #268 on: June 09, 2017, 08:31:55 am »
I know dangerous..
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology (sold).  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #269 on: June 09, 2017, 11:39:16 am »
I do not think it is really 'dumb', it seems to be an open secret. :-)   An awful lot of C-14 owners either do not know that warnings (all warnings, not just the low fuel warning) can be cleared but have trouble remembering how to and then actually executing the maneuver to do so. I do find it a bit tricky to manipulate the buttons (Easy Boys!) in the dark, while riding, especially with heavy gloves but it can be done. What I also find annoying is that each warning must be cleared individually; when riding in cold temps. it is common enough to get the 'low battery' tire pressure sensor warning every single time the bike is started, and it is normally both wheels, so the warnings must be cleared twice. A true PITA IMO.

Yeah, the display does get a bit over- aggressive on showing us warnings that are just not that important (low TMPS battery.... is it really that big a deal? In the same realm as having 3 lbs. of air pressure left in a tire? The display would have us believe it is.....).

As to dumb, I cannot remember how to set the clock on the bike.... twice a year when the time changes. Sometimes I hit it pretty quickly, sometimes I fumble around for far too long, and sometimes I convert the readout to French. Hey, stuff happens.

Brian

Brian, it just goes to show....as smart as you are, you cant fix dumb.  I was dumb,  and should have read about canceling the warning, and at some point, I will get this device. 

The piece of mind I get with your KIPS device is worth way more than the dollars I paid for it.

For me, the computer in this bike is its worst feature. It is dangerous when you have pop up messages appear.  Cant help but assume the worst, and it takes my mind off of what I should be concerned with.