Author Topic: I wish I could drop 25lbs this easy  (Read 7581 times)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
I wish I could drop 25lbs this easy
« on: March 10, 2012, 08:28:36 pm »
I decided on the Area P slip-on. I put it on a couple of days ago and I wish it would stop raining here in the NW so I could hear it more.

Before:

After:

Jay is gonna be jealous of my new black foot pegs, I knew the Buell would be good for something.  8)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 09:14:09 pm by LivnLoud »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: I wish I could drop 25lbs this easy
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 08:42:59 pm »
>"Topic: I wish I could drop 25lbs this easy"

Yes, replacing the nice looking, perfectly fine, stock muffler with a smaller model will save weight.  But I don't think the weight difference is 25 pounds!  I have no data to the contrary, but I find that number to be unbelievable...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline EpicBadass

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 08:45:25 pm »
Very nice.  I gave up on the rain here stopping and I just forget about it and ride now  ;D

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 08:49:47 pm »

Yes, replacing the nice looking, perfectly fine, stock muffler with a smaller model will save weight.  But I don't think the weight difference is 25 pounds!  I have no data to the contrary, but I find that number to be unbelievable...

You're right Max, it's not 25 lbs, more like 30 lbs!!!  ;D ;D ;D

I decided on the Area P slip-on. I put it on a couple of days ago and I wish it would stop raining here in the NW so I could hear it more.

Jay is gonna be jealous of my new black foot pegs, I knew the Buell would be good for something.  8)

That looks sweet Gumbi, nicely done bro!!  8)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 09:17:09 pm »
I may be a bit off on the weight,

nice looking, perfectly fine, stock muffler

but REALLY  :pukeface:

Offline Cuda

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 10:55:12 pm »
Yes you can LIPOSUCTION
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline galaxieman

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 11:04:37 pm »
AreaP advertises a 14lb weight savings for the slip-on, and 21lbs for the full system.  Still, dropping nearly 15lbs in minutes... even liposuction ain't got nothing on that!
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparat bellum.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 07:07:46 am »
AreaP advertises a 14lb weight savings

OK, 14 pounds I can believe :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 07:42:16 am »

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but you need to see your optometrist man!   ;)

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 07:43:25 am »
I may be a bit off on the weight,

but REALLY  :pukeface:

The sticker on that can weights another 5 lbs, get that thing off of there.    8)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline W14

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 07:57:08 am »
I was okay with looks my stock pipe until a non-motorcylist friend asked me what it was and said "Man that is ugly!" I decided on a new pipe to improve the looks and sound.

At the same time, Mr. Kawasaki must to be happy with it, as there are two of them on the new Z-14.

Ride On!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 08:08:05 am »
I was okay with looks my stock pipe until a non-motorcylist friend asked me what it was and said "Man that is ugly!" I decided on a new pipe to improve the looks and sound.

At the same time, Mr. Kawasaki must to be happy with it, as there are two of them on the new Z-14.

Ride On!

Those are speed governors, they had to slow it down somehow.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 09:35:29 am »
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but you need to see your optometrist man!   ;)

LOL :)

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 12:26:22 pm »

I'll admit that I'm OK with the Bazooka, and on the '10 and newer Connie's I think
it looks very good for it's size. If it was as quiet as the Bazooka I would go with the CS One
for looks (minus the gaudy lettering). However anyone that thinks a slip-on with flat end caps
(at either or both ends) hangin' on the end of a long bent pipe makes the bike "look" better
is/are the one(s) that need the eye examinations. Might just as well go to Midas for your bikes exhaust.
Perhaps on a bike like the KLR where "the gnarly look" is desired and cherished, but on a Connie?  :nuts:

The above was submitted with the same intensity, objectivity, offensiveness, and seriousness of a "which
color is fastest post", the answer of which is of course:
Blue;)

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 12:29:45 pm »
I did the weigh-in with my stock pipe and my TBR, titanium pipe by standing on the scale and holding each one and doing the math and it was somewhere around 12-13lbs difference.
Just putting the pipe on the scale would not have read anything.
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, StreetFX LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs