Author Topic: Help with trip planning - S. Daktoa , Wyoming, Montana - June 30th thru July 7th  (Read 10752 times)

Offline shokdimn

• Yeah, I'll trailer it!
Well, just got back last Saturday from our adventure and it was amazing. Montana is a rider's paradise.
:thumbs: Pix to share?

I'm happy to hear that you had a good trip. It's to bad you missed Chief Joseph Hwy but that gives you a good reason to go back.

Beautiful area for sure.

OTOH, tar snakes for a few miles west of Dead Indian Pass were a pain last summer.

Have you been out there this year roadhound?
From a distance and without warning, relámpago!

Offline Roadhound

• Arena
Hi Shokdimn, your right about the tar snakes on Chief Joseph Hwy. They have been getting worse for several years now. I remember when the road was dirt and gravel so what we have is a big improvement, even with the Tar Snakes.

I'm heading out in September. I've a friend who has never ridden in the Yellowstone area, so we're going in that direction.
Don Ricks
Atlanta, Ga.

"Ride or Ride not, there is no drive."

Offline shokdimn

• Yeah, I'll trailer it!
Hi Shokdimn, your right about the tar snakes on Chief Joseph Hwy. They have been getting worse for several years now. I remember when the road was dirt and gravel so what we have is a big improvement, even with the Tar Snakes.
Copy that.

I don’t know about you but I preferred the BTH when it was a bit rougher just a few years ago.  You know, before the repaving with the smooth asphalt.

Probably won’t be long before 16 and 14A in the Bighorns will also be smooth pavement from end to end too.  But then again, Wyoming & Montana winters have a way of returning “character” to those roads.

I'm heading out in September. I've a friend who has never ridden in the Yellowstone area, so we're going in that direction.
Hey, safe trip to ya’ll too! :thumbs:  Your friend is in for a real treat.  Especially since he/she is traveling with someone who knows the area.

Offline shokdimn

• Yeah, I'll trailer it!
Awesome! Keep the suggestions coming! I'm going to going through Glacier and and Yellowstone as I am planning a trip to British Columbia the 14th through the 28th of July.
“Howze” trip planning going?  Any refinements to your travel plan?

Offline Beamer

Beartooth Hwy

Logan's Pass in Glacier

East Side of Glacier

West Side of Glacier

Offline shokdimn

• Yeah, I'll trailer it!
Talk about “CHILLING OUT”! :thumbs:
Logan's Pass in Glacier

Offline Kazairl

“Howze” trip planning going?  Any refinements to your travel plan?

Not really. I've been considering riding to Shoshoni and hitting the Wind River Canyon. I've helped some friends of mine move cows several times in those hills but I've never actually been through the canyon. But if I do that I will have to do a lot of back tracking to go through the big horns.  I'll see what I feel like doing when I hit Casper. I still have idea how I'm getting back. lol

Doing some last minute packing right now and I'll be leaving in the morning.

Offline shokdimn

• Yeah, I'll trailer it!
Doing some last minute packing right now and I'll be leaving in the morning.
Far out!  Wish I could head out too.  Unfortunately, no “kitchen-pass” for me.  Once again, safe trip to ya.

I still have idea how I'm getting back. lol
All part of an adventure right?

Offline Kazairl

Just made it back. The first mod I am getting after this trip is an aftermarket seat. I have a huge case of numb bum. Other than that life is good. I'll probably put some pictures up tomorrow. The entire trip covered right around 4k miles.

Offline shokdimn

• Yeah, I'll trailer it!
First question, did you ride the BTH?

Looking forward to some pix.

Offline Kazairl

I did and it was awesome. Still working on the pics. Strangely enough there are lots of things that require your attention after you've been gone for two weeks.  lol.

Offline Kazairl

Finally uploaded them all to photobucket

In the Bighorns

The Medicine wheel

Random People on Horseback

The road you have to hike to get to the medicine wheel. About 3 miles total.

Place I camped at looking West

Dead Indian Summit

Beartooth

Random Harley parked behind me

Group of guys I met in St. Mary. We are getting ready to head over the GTTSR which we discovered was closed about 10 miles in due to rock slides.(They still took our 12 dollars though)

On a Boat

Kootenay Lake

New Denver

On the ride between Kamloops and the Coast

Mt. Rainer

The route I took.
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=69122&daddr=Sheridan,+WY+to:44.79559,-108.53751+to:Cody,+WY+to:44.92997,-109.72607+to:Red+Lodge,+MT+to:46.10611,-112.41344+to:47.05566,-112.04608+to:47.87128,-112.26528+to:48.69943,-113.3921+to:49.19407,-113.30179+to:AB-5+W%2FAB-6+N+to:Creston,+BC,+Canada+to:Kaslo,+BC,+Canada+to:Nakusp,+BC,+Canada+to:Vernon,+BC,+Canada+to:Lillooet,+BC,+Canada+to:Squamish,+BC,+Canada+to:Abbotsford,+BC,+Canada+to:Sedro-Woolley,+WA+to:47.1623352,-121.8210633+to:WA-410+E+to:Yakima,+WA+to:Kennewick,+WA+to:Clarkston,+WA&hl=en&ll=46.403776,-116.048584&spn=1.64018,4.22699&sll=46.490829,-117.388916&sspn=3.275159,8.453979&geocode=FXgMdAIdXM_p-SnlJScQnzJxhzHV-csRNstREw%3BFQqNqwIdbfqf-SllrW88lPo1UzF71RF7_kc6KQ%3BFcaGqwIdWtmH-SkdsJ8wY1xJUzEWrr6Zl87oFg%3BFQZrpwId7e1_-Sldvlshvx5MUzFQzM08RvR2ug%3BFbKTrQIdirZ1-Sk_o2L6lfBOUzHT0Npe6zKctA%3BFfJ6sQIdmwZ9-Sn1_Eb3GSpPUzEL1yB19jWKtQ%3BFf6FvwIdALVM-Slt4CY6jw1bUzE8jbjeLIZ-HQ%3BFSwDzgIdAFBS-SmvBhviRyNDUzH7NAzF11eUAQ%3BFTB12gIdwPdO-SmT6IQdcSloUzEk6-mOU0mNMQ%3BFSYY5wIdHMY9-SkJwlr33bhoUzHSaPbyn4fbug%3BFVak7gId4iY_-Sn54hRC2CZvUzGvwA82G3k3Rg%3BFTdq7QIdmuc2-Q%3BFXQj7QIdHCUO-SmNoBKm4WJjUzHGhxdWb6sHdQ%3BFYqh-QIdBgMI-SkBgPiH4Wh7UzE6NXfsFh9T0g%3BFW6Z_gIdb3_6-CmvE4xw0HZ8UzHQOh1GoWHiVg%3BFYYD_wIdtQ3k-Cnj_NlG59h9UzGH6dGttuHUjw%3BFV5pBQMdkmS7-Cmd_QpKSIqAVDFX-prG-VPW1w%3BFQJj9gIdnMqo-ClzLXisFfiGVDHbEVpJaGiprw%3BFSCM7AIdCxS2-CmDt2pwxjWEVDFgBXsqFTUBBQ%3BFVIc5AIdMtO2-CkL577dlwiFVDHBgxYimDvDRw%3BFd-jzwIdeSi9-CnZ-I6MWOuQVDHaRFZeKSD_gw%3BFSwWygId0kbL-A%3BFVcXxwId1TnR-Cn_RBbQXWKXVDFLe55xDoY7Gg%3BFa4gwQIdLhzm-CmjTfXnVHiYVDHgioyurX19eA%3BFZBBxAIdWggG-Slxf4JTk8ihVDEw_vHKpe1UKA&oq=clark&mra=ls&via=2,4,6,7,8,9,10,20&t=m&z=9

http://goo.gl/maps/JKx6l