Author Topic: Another Coast- To- Coast in 50 hours.... maybe  (Read 23806 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Another Coast- To- Coast in 50 hours.... maybe
« on: May 27, 2012, 07:49:58 am »
I am tentatively planning another CC 50 from Rye, NY to Ocean Shores, WA in early June. I will be making the trip but am not absolutely committed to the CC 50 yet. But I wanted to let everyone know because it seems to be a real crowd pleaser and I will again have SPOT with me to broadcast my progress (or lack thereof) in real-time. I will also be using the exact same route out, basically I-80 to Omaha, NE, then I-29 north to Sioux Falls, SD, followed by a left turn onto I-90 all the way to the coast. I again will start the ride from RI but begin the timed portion in Rye as that is the last point I will be on the Atlantic coast. In fact I will again be stopping at Kirby lane for the sample of Atlantic water for the obvious humorous reason.

I think this time I will send the "OK" message when I stop so everyone can see when / where I start the timed run. That seemed to be a point of confusion last time. It will also leave me a great record (hopefully) of my fuel stop locations.

As always, please feel free to point and laugh should I wuss out and stop before finishing. Let's face it, it is a simple ride composed of only a couple of turns and only two days of riding.

I will post a link to my Spotwalla page after I reactivate SPOT and set up the trip page.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
Re: Another Coast- To- Coast in 50 hours.... maybe
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 09:14:35 am »
No dehydration this time around?

Wayne Sikorski aka CigarSki
2010 ZG1400 - South Jersey
COG 9250

Son of Pappy

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 10:53:26 am »
I PROMISE I wont leave the scene until Brian leaves (Ocean Shores that is).  Should there be another sandy CDA I shall be there to assist in the picture taking opportunity ;)

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 12:26:07 pm »
 :thumbs:
COG 9250

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 02:12:08 pm »
Nutz!!!!!!!
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 02:25:52 pm »
He walks that fine line between genius and somewhat less than sane thought.

When suddenly...he somehow thought that doing a CC50, a second time, is a good idea.

Good luck Brian, and possibly Kirby. (that is, if he can find a way to stow away).
COG 9250

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 07:22:39 pm »
Hmmmm- You with a bad back, me with a bad brain (and everything else by then)... that ought to be a great sight! I was probably better off with those healthy women and girls lifting the bike.  :D  Good thinkin' on the photo though, that would truly be something to savor, mostly the look on my face I suspect.

I am having a hard time getting psyched up for this one; too many things on my plate at the moment I guess. I have to scurry up a new rear tire and an auxiliary fuel tank in the next week and a half. The tire on the bike is fine and would almost certainly make it but I don't want to run any more risk of a flat than necessary and new sneakers just inspire more confidence.

Brian

I PROMISE I wont leave the scene until Brian leaves (Ocean Shores that is).  Should there be another sandy CDA I shall be there to assist in the picture taking opportunity ;)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 07:25:23 pm »
Well, maybe not so much. Thinking back, I think that is what bit me on the last trip. I will make more of an effort to stay hydrated this time although it will probably be cooler this time too- the last ride had an entire day and evening of temps. in the 80's which was a little warm in my gear, especially stopped on the highway passing Chicago.

Brian

No dehydration this time around?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 05:32:32 am »
My hat is off to you Brian but man, you're crazy!     :)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 07:16:32 pm »
It isn't really so far- you would not hesitate to ride your bike 3 miles, would you? Well just thing of my ride as a bunch of 3 mile rides strung together.

;D

Brian

My hat is off to you Brian but man, you're crazy!     :)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 10:08:39 pm »
Look me up this time Brian when you're in the PNW.  :chugbeer:

I'd meet you up at Chet's but it's kind of a long ride....  ;D ;)

Safe travels bro!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 10:19:24 pm »
Wow....   looking forward to following this event once again!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 07:24:39 am »
It isn't really so far- you would not hesitate to ride your bike 3 miles, would you? Well just thing of my ride as a bunch of 3 mile rides strung together.

;D

Brian

Yep, you're right. It's exactly the same only different.   Good luck to you Sir!     :hail:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 08:30:54 am »

;D

Brian
Yup!  About 1000 of em ;)

Offline farrider2

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 10:12:04 am »
Good luck - it's a great run. Planning gas stops do help.