Author Topic: Another Coast- To- Coast in 50 hours.... maybe  (Read 23971 times)

Son of Pappy

Re: Another Coast- To- Coast in 50 hours.... maybe
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 07:40:58 pm »
Just be safe, absolutely NO REASON to reprove your fortitude.  I'll meet ya when you get here, heck, I may even have a cup of coffee handy ;D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2012, 04:38:36 am »
Just be safe, absolutely NO REASON to reprove your fortitude.  I'll meet ya when you get here, heck, I may even have a cup of coffee handy ;D

+1 on that part!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2012, 06:21:00 am »
Yeah, not trying to prove anything to anybody. But I hear you on the balance between the desire to finish something and the obvious need to maintain a level of safety. Hopefully I can have both.

Nice thought on the coffee but it could probably be clam juice and I would not notice the difference. :-)

Temp. here is 53F so I will be starting off in heated gear. It is 8:06 AM and I still have to pack personal items on the bike but otherwise am ready to go. Looking for a start between 9 and 10 AM. I have to stop first thing and get fuel- that will happen another 17 times or at least it did last year. SPOT will be active within an hour or so. 'See' everybody here in a couple of days.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2012, 07:36:32 am »
Wow 53 degrees in June? And I'm planning a Maine/Canada ride in a few weeks from scorching FL....
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2012, 08:14:47 am »
Steve, it's been VERY cool in the mornings in my neck of the woods too.

It looks like Brian might be having trouble already.    ;)

In looking at his progress, http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=4a754fcce5ca35d7f

It seems that he's riding backwards.   

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline okxd45

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2012, 09:26:21 am »
Good luck and Godspeed Brian! :)
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline mike

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2012, 10:04:36 am »
Good luck Brian!!   :thumbs:

Son of Pappy

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2012, 10:08:38 am »
My knees are already aching just thinking about his trip.  It was a low of 43 last night here, it's currently 48 out at 9AM.  Me thinks his trip will end in heated gear, heck I may even be in the 'Bing. 

So, besides his obvious request for clam juice, anyone else have any request/s or suggestions for Brians arrival?  If anyone else local wants to join in the last leg I will be at the underpass at Hiway 18 that is located at the I90 exit, no time yet but this time I want to be early so I aint doing put me in jail speeds to catch him.  So, come on PNW riders, lets give him a nice warm welcome.  If anyone frequents the COG forum, share the plan, I will have a big thermos of coffee and I may even have some donuts on hand :)

Offline andreaF

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2012, 10:18:16 am »
Chet that's so nice....thanks!

I just heard from him...  He's left Rye, NY...he's gotten his Atlantic Water, and a receipt with an official start time of 12:03.....he was telling me all was well, when suddenly.............there was an "uh-oh...fuel tanks loose....gotta go"... :-\   
so hopefull all will be well and it won't slow him down too much!

I'll keep you all posted as I hear from him!

thanks for all your well wishes....

Andrea

Offline okxd45

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2012, 10:23:32 am »
My knees are already aching just thinking about his trip.  It was a low of 43 last night here, it's currently 48 out at 9AM.  Me thinks his trip will end in heated gear, heck I may even be in the 'Bing. 

So, besides his obvious request for clam juice, anyone else have any request/s or suggestions for Brians arrival?  If anyone else local wants to join in the last leg I will be at the underpass at Hiway 18 that is located at the I90 exit, no time yet but this time I want to be early so I aint doing put me in jail speeds to catch him.  So, come on PNW riders, lets give him a nice warm welcome.  If anyone frequents the COG forum, share the plan, I will have a big thermos of coffee and I may even have some donuts on hand :)
Very nice Chet! If I were in the PNW, I would definitely join you!
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Son of Pappy

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2012, 10:24:11 am »
Chet that's so nice....thanks!

I just heard from him...  He's left Rye, NY...he's gotten his Atlantic Water, and a receipt with an official start time of 12:03.....he was telling me all was well, when suddenly.............there was an "uh-oh...fuel tanks loose....gotta go"... :-\   
so hopefull all will be well and it won't slow him down too much!

I'll keep you all posted as I hear from him!

thanks for all your well wishes....

Andrea
Andrea, I sent ya a PM.  Hopefully we can do a short couples ride when you get here, I have several nice rides that will really show off the state and what we have in the way of natural beauty.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2012, 10:58:56 am »
Steve, it's been VERY cool in the mornings in my neck of the woods too.

It looks like Brian might be having trouble already.    ;)

In looking at his progress, http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=4a754fcce5ca35d7f

It seems that he's riding backwards.   

He's almost in Jersey, so all must be ok. It is funny that the MC caricature is pointing east instead of west. 
Jeff

Offline Conrad

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2012, 11:13:03 am »
He's almost in Jersey, so all must be ok. It is funny that the MC caricature is pointing east instead of west.

Doing a second CC-50 wasn't enough of a challenge for Brian, he's doing it sitting on his bike backwards this time.     :o

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2012, 11:23:03 am »
great thread!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline andreaF

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2012, 01:01:10 pm »
just talked to him, no traffic, clear & sunny... & only one (dead) deer sighting so far!  :)