Author Topic: Finally light that I love...... so far  (Read 5339 times)

Offline sas mayhem

Finally light that I love...... so far
« on: June 15, 2012, 11:06:47 PM »
Well I hope I finally found lights that work for me. I got these lights http://www.mondomotos.com/product/MM15aux/ mounted the SNARF's mounts, and all I can say is WOW! I am very impressed with their sturdiness/ruggedness their weight is substantial too.  These are pencil/flood lights. Up close their very much a flood light, in that they illuminate everything, but they also shoot a pencil beam the will roast a deer a mile down the road too.  It is very important to make sure these a aimed correctly, out of oncoming traffic and not blinding car in front of you.
 I have mine points down and a little to the sides and it's working very well.  One of the pictures is the sun in front and you can see that they are clearly visible.  I rode them to work at night and they fill in any and all dark voids in front of me, and push the shadows way back of the road shoulder.

Size compared to my glasses.

Mounted on the Rt side

On during the day

Sun in front during the day

and at night, you can see way aiming is very important with these light.

I really like these. they really complment the DRL01 that I purchased from the same place

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
Re: Finally light that I love...... so far
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 06:39:24 PM »
Very nice, Ron, looking good :thumbs:
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 11:19:29 AM »
Thanks, bbroj
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 06:01:27 PM »
Sorry you weren't able to attend the National, it was a great time. How was your trip to Wetern NC and the mountain region? I can't wait to spend some serious riding time out there.
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 04:58:06 AM »
Sorry you weren't able to attend the National, it was a great time. How was your trip to Wetern NC and the mountain region? I can't wait to spend some serious riding time out there.

Hey Blaise, check out my report here http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=9270.0

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie

Offline MizzouMike

• Arena
  • How do you remove the rain magnet on this thing?
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 09:01:19 AM »
Looks great!

I am looking for a good set to LEDs, but out of stock on website, when did your order?
NEKansas  AMA#273766, COG#8862, IBA#44917
2000 Concours 2001 KLR, 2013 HD Ultra Classic

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 10:22:17 AM »
.... mounted the SNARF's mounts,.......Cheers
Ron

;D :rotflmao:

cool lights..... as for Snarf's mount..... ;) me thinks that one was gleaned from some one wayback....
 :rotflmao:

the original design was from GBYII, and it predates the ones I made, note the dates on the photos.... :D

sorry for the hi=jack, but the credit for those mounts does belong to the elder of COG, Guy B Young II.... ;)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 11:41:09 AM »
OK I stand corrected, MOB. 

MizzouMike, I ordered them about 2 weeks ago. There stuff goes pretty fast.

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 12:23:16 PM »
OK I stand corrected, MOB. 

hey Ron, I'm just pulling your leg pal,  8)

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 12:34:35 PM »
hey Ron, I'm just pulling your leg pal,  8)
LOL, no problem MOB, I took it lighty.  OBTW !!! Not to hi jack my own thread,  but over a year ago you and I were discussing carb tuning tools, and the Twinmax (your weapon of choice), well I finally got to ues it and it ROCKS !!! Super accurate and easy to use. Thanks for recommending it.    ;)

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 02:17:19 PM »
 :thumbs: :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 03:35:51 PM »

;D :rotflmao:

cool lights..... as for Snarf's mount..... ;) me thinks that one was gleaned from some one wayback....
 :rotflmao:

the original design was from GBYII, and it predates the ones I made, note the dates on the photos.... :D

sorry for the hi=jack, but the credit for those mounts does belong to the elder of COG, Guy B Young II.... ;)
MOB when ya going to quit bust'n my hump ;D I have never claimed this was my design. I have contacted Guy and has given me his blessing to fabricate his mounts.
I to am just kidding. I do try to give him credit. Guy great idea and thank you for your blessing and permission.
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."