Author Topic: Show us your Canyon Cage  (Read 133615 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Show us your Canyon Cage
« Reply #390 on: April 06, 2013, 06:04:12 am »
Has anyone found a cover or something for the step nut on the left side of the bike? That thing needs to either be covered up or painted.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #391 on: April 06, 2013, 11:43:43 am »
Rattle canned mine Satin black, just like every other nut and bolt that should be black.  :thumbs:

Edit: Since this is the Show us your Canyon Cage thread, I had to go take pictures.  :)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #392 on: April 06, 2013, 04:26:04 pm »

Good lookin black gasshole Gumby!  8) :thumbs:

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #393 on: April 06, 2013, 04:58:52 pm »
For some reason that doesn't sound quite right.  :-\
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #394 on: April 07, 2013, 05:36:58 am »

Good lookin black gasshole Gumby!  8) :thumbs:

For some reason that doesn't sound quite right.  :-\

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Aussie

Re: Show us your Canyon Cage - Price
« Reply #395 on: April 18, 2013, 09:36:47 am »
Is anyone seeing any discounts on the cages ... if so can you post a link or PM me please? I think that it's time to buy/install these babies.
2012 Concours 14, Candy Ariabian Red

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Show us your Canyon Cage - Price
« Reply #396 on: April 18, 2013, 04:39:36 pm »
Is anyone seeing any discounts on the cages ... if so can you post a link or PM me please? I think that it's time to buy/install these babies.

The best time is before you drop the bike :)   (And in that regard, I lucked out for once).  Not aware of any discounts, however.  But even at "normal" price, they will pay for themselves a couple of times over the very first time the bike is pushed over.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline bkromer

• 2012 C14 Black
« Reply #397 on: April 19, 2013, 01:27:49 pm »
I am seriously considering a set of these cages, but was wondering if they have to be removed  when work is done on the engine and if so, how difficult is it to remove them?
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
1998 Honda Valkyrie Tourer

Bruce

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #398 on: April 22, 2013, 10:51:45 am »
I am seriously considering a set of these cages, but was wondering if they have to be removed  when work is done on the engine and if so, how difficult is it to remove them?

Depends on what engine work you are performing.  You can remove all the plastics without removing the cages if you just make one tiny slit in the side fairing and that slit is hidden behind the front side fairing.  You could even put a piece of black duct tape on the back side if you think it might move at all.

I used an older version of this tool to just snip it and then I bend one part to the left while bending the other part to the right and slip it over the pipe.  Thank you Rasmith for the suggestion.
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-edge-utility-cutter/p-00937309000P?PDP_REDIRECT=false&s_tnt=39869:4:0
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline aristarchus

• 5 Years of 2 ZG14's experience, over 120,000 miles
« Reply #399 on: June 10, 2015, 09:11:52 pm »
Hi Gumby, I ran accross this post and I had to register for this site so I can respond.  Never, ever, ever, use the bars in the back as a tie down area.  They will break your sub frame.  I made this mistake and nearly lost the bike.  The only thing holding the rear bar, bag mount and rear foot beg is a 2" tab welded to the subframe.  The weld will break with this force that you have from the tie downs.  I replaced my subframe myself, 9 hours of labor and 800.00 from Kawasaki.  Instead, thread through the kickstand mount underneath or use the bars of the rear subframe to tie down.  I can send pictures later, I still have my broken subframe in the garage so I'll get pictures up.  I have enjoyed your pics so far.  I'm on my second connie and we share similar mods.  Cheers.

Not so sure I would recommend  this, but it works. I was stressing for 12 miles, and it got worse with every bump.  Kootos to MCEnterprises and their well built tip over protection.

hpc

Offline backoutonthehighway

• More cowbell!
    • Back Out On The Highway
« Reply #400 on: July 01, 2015, 11:36:15 pm »

Minor PITA, but well worth it. Mine's been down 5 times since I put them on - only lost a right mirror in the mud. ;-)

but then again, I take her places she was never intended to go...

zero damage:

oh the places she's been...

and the places she's been down...

2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 2006 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan Classic | 2003 Yamaha Star 650 (Sold)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #401 on: July 01, 2015, 11:49:53 pm »
oh the places she's been...

Wow- I can't even imagine riding on such stuff!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline backoutonthehighway

• More cowbell!
    • Back Out On The Highway
« Reply #402 on: July 02, 2015, 12:04:42 am »
Wow- I can't even imagine riding on such stuff!

Hell, I couldn't either until I did it. And now I'm hooked.  :o
2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 2006 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan Classic | 2003 Yamaha Star 650 (Sold)

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #403 on: July 02, 2015, 03:43:20 am »
Hell, I couldn't either until I did it. And now I'm hooked.  :o

I know where you can get a deal on a 2013 1200GS with only 300 miles on it.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #404 on: August 31, 2015, 03:11:09 pm »
Hi Gumby, I ran accross this post and I had to register for this site so I can respond.  Never, ever, ever, use the bars in the back as a tie down area.  They will break your sub frame.  I made this mistake and nearly lost the bike.  The only thing holding the rear bar, bag mount and rear foot beg is a 2" tab welded to the subframe.  The weld will break with this force that you have from the tie downs.  I replaced my subframe myself, 9 hours of labor and 800.00 from Kawasaki.  Instead, thread through the kickstand mount underneath or use the bars of the rear subframe to tie down.  I can send pictures later, I still have my broken subframe in the garage so I'll get pictures up.  I have enjoyed your pics so far.  I'm on my second connie and we share similar mods.  Cheers.

Good to know. The pics from above that you reference was a 30 min ride to Sandpoint, Id where I got thoroughly screwed for a back tire(DO NOT go here http://www.4seasonpowersports.com/), but had no problem at all with the way it was tied down. I used them as a tie down point again in my new trailer when I took it out for a maiden voyage, again no problem.

I will definitely look for a new spot to tag the rear end down next time. I'm sure I can figure it out, but go ahead and post up pics of how you do.  :chugbeer:

Thanks
-Tom