Author Topic: MCE Gen. 1 Canyon Cage Group Buy Through July 19th!  (Read 79245 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: MCE Gen. 1 Canyon Cage Group Buy Through July 19th!
« Reply #210 on: August 20, 2012, 03:59:44 pm »
For those that have heat issues on the Gen 1 bikes.   :stirpot:

The CCs have the added bonus of acting as a heat sink. They sure warm up after a nice long ride!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #211 on: August 20, 2012, 08:11:32 pm »
The CCs have the added bonus of acting as a heat sink. They sure warm up after a nice long ride!

Yeah, I noticed that too.  That top one is HOT!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #212 on: August 21, 2012, 04:06:20 am »
Do they get warm enough to fry bacon? 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #213 on: August 21, 2012, 04:18:21 am »
mmmmm, bacon on the cages and eggs on the rear hub. Where do we cook the coffee?
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #214 on: August 21, 2012, 05:18:31 am »
mmmmm, bacon on the cages and eggs on the rear hub. Where do we cook the coffee?

I guess you could use the tank 'glove' box. Seems lots of folks have cooked their cell phones in there, maybe it can do coffee?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #215 on: August 21, 2012, 05:20:05 am »

No bacon for you tin man, not till you install your own bars!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #216 on: August 21, 2012, 05:30:36 am »
I guess you could use the tank 'glove' box. Seems lots of folks have cooked their cell phones in there, maybe it can do coffee?
Damn, finally a use for the 'box' and I already got rid of it. Now that you mention it it would have been the perfect mobile Geo. Foreman sandwich grill.
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #217 on: August 21, 2012, 06:03:38 am »
For those that have heat issues on the Gen 1 bikes.   :stirpot:

Thanks for the heads up. I'm glad I put the new highway pegs on the lower part of the cages now. Hope they don't heat up & cook my feet.  ;D
Why?  Do you have a gen1?  (You need to change your signature to indicate which year bike you have!)  Did it turn out they (Ronnie's pegs) are not compatible with the Gen1 canyons?  On my Gen2, I have both installed and wouldn't have it any other way.... the cages are way too far apart and wide, to me, to have pegs on them...
I thought about cutting the pegs down to clear the canyon cages but I just didn't have the heart to ruin Ronnie's work. It also looked like they would be so short as to be useless.

Thanks, I have seen the 10+ with these on.  If you have time could you post a photo.  I appreciate it.
I tried taking some pics the other night with my phone but black bars with black pegs against a black bike in a garage makes for a lousy shot. I need to get the bike outside & use a real camera. I will try to get some pics & post them on the other thread.  8)
Life is good.... At least from my perspective.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #218 on: August 21, 2012, 06:33:32 am »
sounds great.  thanks.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #219 on: August 21, 2012, 04:28:11 pm »

Um.... gross!   I wouldn't know...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline scootertrash

« Reply #220 on: August 21, 2012, 05:18:15 pm »

Good luck with that! Most of us waited for a LONG time to get these bars and won't give them up that soon.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:37:08 am by Conrad »

I know. I'm just trying to stretch the dollar's as usual(read; cheap ass;). I am willing to pay full price, but was just hoping to get lucky. Alas, I'm only lucky in love!

Offline carlntia

« Reply #221 on: August 23, 2012, 07:35:03 am »
As for notching the fairings....a dremmel makes real quick work of it. Just be sure both tabs engage and mark appropriately before cutting

Could you explain this procedure a bit further? What tabs are you referring to? This is my first time with the fairings off. Is it pretty much the same on both sides?
Thanks!
Carl
2009 C14

Offline Conrad

« Reply #222 on: August 23, 2012, 08:26:38 am »
Could you explain this procedure a bit further? What tabs are you referring to? This is my first time with the fairings off. Is it pretty much the same on both sides?
Thanks!
Carl

On the Gen 1 bikes all you have to do is to make a notch exactly like the one pictured below (on both sides of course). Then you can install your bars with all the plastic removed and then reinstall the plastic. The notch slips over the top bar of the Canyon cage.

The tabs are inside of the front fairing and that's what holds the 'fins' of the fairing in place.

Offline carlntia

« Reply #223 on: August 23, 2012, 11:14:10 am »
Thanks for the quick answer - I'll be putting the info to use tonight!
2009 C14

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #224 on: August 23, 2012, 12:45:18 pm »
I just cut the entire vertical piece between the two fins out. The way I saw it once you cut it all possibility of support for the fins is gone. So why not clear the entire path for the cages. And of course it does make removing the plastic with the cages on real easy.
Life is good.... At least from my perspective.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit