Author Topic: Throttlemeister  (Read 5941 times)

Breaker19

Throttlemeister
« on: June 23, 2012, 04:35:28 PM »
I installed a Throttlemeister on my bike, haven't been able to try it out yet, but I was impressed with it when I saw it on a 2011 used C14 at a local dealer a week or so ago. Very easy install, seems very well machined. An eBay acquisition. Anybody else use this type of throttle lock? I'd interested in hearing opinions.

Offline TJ

Re: Throttlemeister
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 10:07:50 PM »
As far as throttle locks goes I've been using cat "O" rings for decades and they work perfectly. Locks the throttle in position yet is easy to override any time you want.

Bought 4 O rings on ebay recently for about $7 shipped. Any throttle lock is a compromise since they are not cruise control. The O ring does anything any other lock will do for peanuts as costs go.
2012 Black Kawasaki Concours

Offline Snibbor

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 10:15:55 PM »
Yup, used one for years.  I like it fine, but it's only useful on fairly level freeway.  I actually have ended up prefering a crampbuster.  I only use the throttlemeister occasionally now.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 11:00:48 PM »
Love mine, I am using the same TM I had on my RT.

Offline W14

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 05:25:10 AM »
Have one, works fine, although most of my rides don't require me to use it

Breaker19

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 06:11:17 AM »
Thanks, all. Appreciate it.

Breaker19

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 06:13:54 AM »
Yup, used one for years.  I like it fine, but it's only useful on fairly level freeway.  I actually have ended up prefering a crampbuster.  I only use the throttlemeister occasionally now.

Yea, I have one of those type things like the cramp buster, mine's a kyurakin brand, rubber gizmo that wraps around the throttle, giving a bit more leverage. It's ok, but I find with it I sometimes accidentally put too much throttle when I'm off the interstate and hitting secondary roads. It's easy, another words, to accidentally hit the device with gloves on and not feeling it immediately -- until the bike lurches suddenly forward faster than expected! lol

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 06:07:34 PM »
As far as throttle locks goes I've been using cat "O" rings for decades and they work perfectly. Locks the throttle in position yet is easy to override any time you want.

Bought 4 O rings on ebay recently for about $7 shipped. Any throttle lock is a compromise since they are not cruise control. The O ring does anything any other lock will do for peanuts as costs go.
Got a link? Thanks.
Wayne Sikorski aka CigarSki
2010 ZG1400 - South Jersey
COG 9250

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 06:29:23 PM »

Offline TJ

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 06:40:52 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/8M4991-Motorcycle-Throttle-Lock-Lot-of-4-Cruise-Control-/200595914346?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb472be6a&vxp=mtr

Roll one up your bar weight until it almost touches the grip, once you need it roll it up to the space between the grip and weight and it will lock the throttle in place. You can still easily move the grip in either direction.
2012 Black Kawasaki Concours

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 07:50:25 PM »
Love my TM!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline JMills

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 07:29:10 PM »
On my Versys I had a vista cruise.  I worked ok but took up grip space.  The Connie I purchased had the throttlemeister.  I used a ton over my ride.  It allowed me to relax my hand.  Still would like atrue cruise control.  Had to watch speed on hills both up and down.

2010 Connie ABS

Offline Bourne2Ride

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 07:55:19 AM »
I'm looking to get a Throttlemeister type unit; but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Kaoko Throttle Lock?
The Twisted Throttle web site says it's designed to work with the (Kawasaki Ninja 650R, ER6N, Versys, KLR650E '08-, ZX12, ZX14, GTR1400 Concours).  I like the textured friction ring instead of the smooth Throttlemeister unit. Price seems about the same, and it's black to match the grips. 
Save the Connie and Save the world!
- Heroes

Offline Mister Tee

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 09:05:14 AM »
I'm looking to get a Throttlemeister type unit; but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Kaoko Throttle Lock?
The Twisted Throttle web site says it's designed to work with the (Kawasaki Ninja 650R, ER6N, Versys, KLR650E '08-, ZX12, ZX14, GTR1400 Concours).  I like the textured friction ring instead of the smooth Throttlemeister unit. Price seems about the same, and it's black to match the grips.

I'm not sure I would like it as much.  First off it won't match the other bar end side, and secondly it works a bit different.  That internal ring is what you turn to engage the unit.  With the Throttlemeister the whole bar end turns.  The Throttlemeister can be had in a grooved version if you want it but I personally got the solid black one myself.  Matches the bike perfectly, and on both sides.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 07:04:15 PM »
I'm not sure I would like it as much.  First off it won't match the other bar end side, and secondly it works a bit different.  That internal ring is what you turn to engage the unit.  With the Throttlemeister the whole bar end turns.  The Throttlemeister can be had in a grooved version if you want it but I personally got the solid black one myself.  Matches the bike perfectly, and on both sides.

+1

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 07:21:13 PM »

I sold my Throttlemeister to get this because it is easier to engage.  I like it better but it does not match the other side :(