Author Topic: Highway pegs for the C-10  (Read 125300 times)

Offline snarf

• Arena
Highway pegs for the C-10
« on: May 12, 2011, 05:35:10 AM »
If your looking to add a few more miles to your ride than this is a must have farkel.  High-way pegs allow you to stretch out your legs and it helps prevent your knees from stiffening up.
I had originally mentioned I would be making the pegs out of high strength aluminum. I changed my mind on that, the pegs themselves are still alum but the main support/connecting rods are steel.  The hwy-pegs can be powder-coated in damn near any color you choose including clear coat or chrome Lips Sealed.  I currently am using a gloss or a flat black.
      I have two styles available. 1) The VC (vertically challenged)
                                                  2) Standard Model
     The pegs mount into a factory bolt hole. Remove the radiator support bolt and screw in the stud at the end of the pegs.  You do have to do some modifying to the internal heat shields; but this is true of any high-way pegs you are installing.  None of the 'internal' modifications can be seen from the outside nor does it affect the bike in anyway. The pegs are grooved and knurled for anti-slip protection.
      This a pic of the VC 'vertically challenged' mount.  I am right at 6'0 and they still feel great.  This mounting location moves the pegs back around 2-3".  Since the set that I made for myself I have cleaned up the squared edges on the clevis block. You do have to drill a hole into your fairing for the VC model; although it does It does look professional/factory when completed

The Standard model requires no cutting of the fairing for 94 and up bikes.
This pic is for demonstration purposes only. It is showing the mounting location for the Standard set.

standard set

The VC units MAY help prevent damage in the event of a low speed drop (DAMHIK)

I can only presume that the Standard set would give the same amount of protection (not tested so i cannot guarantee this).

VC set: $100.00 shipped Cont US
Standard set $140.00 shipped Cont US

You can contact me here on the forum or by email  lilliefabrication at gmail dot com

I can coat all hardware with just about any color that you desire.  Here are some of the samples that I do have on hand:

Thanks for looking...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 11:00:05 AM by snarf »
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Jet

• Dark Side of the Moon
Re: Highway pegs for the C-10
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 07:43:01 AM »
As a plus for Snarf, I ordered the block off plates a little while back, they came in just a few days with good instructions, the pegs are next.  And when his computer crashed he lost the records showing he had sent mine, he sent two emails confirming I had received them and if not he was going to send a set ASAP.  Good retailer, great ethics, great products.
...and a good time was had by all.

Offline Dan

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 08:20:13 PM »
should be hittin you up Snarf,

I am 5 10 with 32 inch inseam..  Which one should I get?  VC or regular??

Dan

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 10:34:15 AM »
should be hittin you up Snarf,

I am 5 10 with 32 inch inseam..  Which one should I get?  VC or regular??

Dan
Dan, I would venture to guess that the regular (standard) set would be just fine for you.  To take any of the guess work out; put your bike on its center stand, stretch out your legs.  If they COMFORTABLY extend past the the first louvered opening of the lower fairing then the standard set is OK for you.   
2002 Conc

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Dan

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 01:13:17 PM »
ok will  check....

ltr..
dan

Offline Bosgarage57

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 05:22:39 PM »
Snarf I got the pegs friday, havent put them on yet but they are beautifully made and are really nice.  I'll update ya when dad decides to get off his butt and help me :)

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 06:21:39 PM »
Snarf I got the pegs friday, havent put them on yet but they are beautifully made and are really nice.  I'll update ya when dad decides to get off his butt and help me :)
Well alright. They look even better on the bike LOL. I don't have any pics of the pegs mounted on somebody elses bike. Get'm on and post a few pics. Your bike will be famous.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 05:05:34 AM by snarf »
2002 Conc

Offline Jet

• Dark Side of the Moon
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 02:36:01 PM »
Going to try and send out money this week, need to get some before my June ride to the Dragon. 

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 05:14:17 AM »
Going to try and send out money this week, need to get some before my June ride to the Dragon.
No problem Jet. I realize this is a risk; buying from a newbie  :rotflmao:
Do you have a color preference? I just want to make sure I have what you want when your ready.

EDIT: WOW I just noticed that I'm a Jr. Member.  Now it's not such a financial risk. As an official Jr. Member I guarantee that you will enjoy the added comfort of the pegs many times over.
2002 Conc

Offline Jet

• Dark Side of the Moon
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 06:44:19 AM »
Well, I guess its very safe to buy from the Jr. Member...that newbie status had me worried. Do you have green? 

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 06:51:55 AM »
I have some lime green on its way  8).  What shade did you have in mind?
2002 Conc

Offline Jet

• Dark Side of the Moon
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 09:10:53 AM »
Believe it or  not, lime might work.  I'll try and remember to post pics of the bike sometime. 

Offline Dan

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 07:23:58 AM »
I will take a set of regulars snarf, sent ya a pm.

Dan

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 07:34:01 AM »
Got it emailed ya back with a link for blue powders.
Thanks...
2002 Conc

Offline Jet

• Dark Side of the Moon
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 07:42:44 AM »
Starting to part out the donor bike, you and T Cro need to bundle deals so I can get the pegs and stick coils cheaper :)

Offline Dan

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 01:30:01 PM »
I think I might just stay black, to match the other pegs... 

Anyone like the matched color or the black better??

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 02:00:00 PM »
I think I might just stay black, to match the other pegs... 

Anyone like the matched color or the black better??
The primary color of pegs has been black.  I have done a few in dark grey.  The ones that got the dark grey like them a lot.
Now, do you have a choice of blk? Flat, semi gloss, high gloss, or mirror blk?
2002 Conc

Offline Wess

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 09:21:13 AM »
I am interested in a set in Flat (Satin) Black.  I am also 6'0 with a 34" inseam so I guess from what I read you would recommend the regulars.  I run pearl nekked so there will be no mod  regardless.

Also I must have missed payment info.  I would like to get them asap as I have an ironbutt ride coming up before nationals. I will also pm you.

Offline racermike

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2011, 02:01:52 PM »
Sent you a pm about some pegs and block off plates.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 02:08:23 PM »
pm right back at ya
2002 Conc