Author Topic: Highway pegs for the C-10  (Read 125298 times)

Offline Nemo

Re: Highway pegs for the C-10
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2011, 09:47:47 PM »
Just 1. How do I pay you? Was out again today, and it gets pretty warm on the boys riding. LOL
Never ride faster then your guardian angel.........

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2011, 05:08:42 AM »
Sent ya a pm and an email.

Thanks Chris...
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Nemo

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2011, 07:51:23 AM »
Payment sent. Love the color of your Connie!!

Thanks Chris................

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2011, 07:54:24 AM »
Payment sent. Love the color of your Connie!!

Thanks Chris................
Why thank you very much.  At this rally she brought home "Best 1986-1993" and "Best in Show"
The problem is that I now neglect my '02.  I need to figure out what color to paint her.
2002 Conc

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Nemo

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2011, 04:52:10 PM »
How bout a 2 tone brown/rootbeer color. Heavy flake in it............

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2011, 06:39:35 PM »
How bout a 2 tone brown/rootbeer color. Heavy flake in it............
Let me take a look at what I can get and I will get back with ya. Definitely sounds cool.
2002 Conc

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2011, 08:45:11 AM »

How about something like this with gold flake mixed in?
2002 Conc

Offline Nemo

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2011, 04:17:16 PM »
OK Chris, got them today and installed. Pretty easy mod, Thanks for a great product!!

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2011, 07:54:17 PM »
Chris,

I have come to LOVE the Highway Pegs...325 miles on today's ride...and, it sure was nice to stretch out!

Thanks, again,

Brad
'02 C-10

Offline DammitDan

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2011, 09:19:01 AM »
It looks like the pictures of a rider using the pegs have been removed...

Are these comfortable with the handlebars at stock height?  I'm 6'2 and don't wanna end up folding myself in half on the highway if you need risers on your handlebars to make the pegs work right  ;D

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2011, 09:45:34 AM »
It looks like the pictures of a rider using the pegs have been removed...

Are these comfortable with the handlebars at stock height?  I'm 6'2 and don't wanna end up folding myself in half on the highway if you need risers on your handlebars to make the pegs work right  ;D
I cannot speak for every one as to what is 'comfortable'.
I have the pegs on my 86 and on my 02. That is one extreme to the other. My 86 has shortened bars, the 02 has 1.75" bar risers; I feel both are very comfortable.
2002 Conc

Offline cagefree

« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2012, 04:20:07 PM »
Hi,

Are you still making these?

Checked in at the end of the year.  Please advise.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2012, 02:44:38 PM »
Hi,

Are you still making these?

Checked in at the end of the year.  Please advise.
I am still making them, winter gets very hectic for me at work. I just received some desperately need material in yesterday. Pegs will begin to roll out of my shop very shortly
2002 Conc

Offline nosaint7

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2012, 12:50:50 PM »
PM sent - in need of a set...
current: 2003 C10
past: Yamaha Vstar, Yamaha XS750, Suzuki T500, BSA 650 Lightning (yup - I'm OLD!)

Offline kiteman

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2012, 10:43:36 AM »
Hi Snarf,
Sent you a PM yesterday, then thought maybe i should post here as well.  I am interested in a standard sized set.  Let me know the best way to get in touch and arrange purchase.  Thanks.......
2004 C10  2nd owner
1995 Honda Nighthawk

Offline Meadow14

« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2012, 03:15:35 PM »
My employees are behind in their efforts to design a hydraulically powered inseam stretcher so an email is headed your way, assume 90.00 via PayPal will work?  The VC model of course.

Offline RedEX

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2012, 05:52:38 AM »
Hi Snarf, longtime motorcyclist but noob C10 owner here.  Just picked up an '03 C10, nice bike but it needs highway pegs.  I'm interested in a set of your VC highway pegs, but one thing I was wondering.   I've searched and searched, couldn't find the answer- how do you get the fairing off around the pegs, if you need to?  Other than that I'd love to get a set of those in gloss black.  I'll try to PM you regarding payment and shipping details.  Thanks Snarf!

Offline Mike Rowe

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2012, 01:48:38 PM »
I guess I am wondering why there is no discussion around attaching pegs to tip over bars? Is it mostly preference or comfort or? They sure look nice? 

Mike

Mike Rowe
1989 Concours C1000 A4

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2012, 07:25:03 PM »
Hi Snarf, longtime motorcyclist but noob C10 owner here.  Just picked up an '03 C10, nice bike but it needs highway pegs.  I'm interested in a set of your VC highway pegs, but one thing I was wondering.   I've searched and searched, couldn't find the answer- how do you get the fairing off around the pegs, if you need to?  Other than that I'd love to get a set of those in gloss black.  I'll try to PM you regarding payment and shipping details.  Thanks Snarf!
No problems removing the fairing. The hole, even with the rubber gromets is slightly larger than the pegs and clevis. Just remove the screws and it will slip right off.
To be honest this is sorta a bad time with work and the rally just around the corner. It is a long weekend so I may be able to work a little magic. I will keep you posted.
Thanks for your interest.
Chris...
2002 Conc

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2012, 07:29:13 PM »
My employees are behind in their efforts to design a hydraulically powered inseam stretcher so an email is headed your way, assume 90.00 via PayPal will work?  The VC model of course.
Meadow14 I hope your forum name does not reflect what you ride. My pegs are for the C-10 only. I sure would like to meet up with a Iowa C-14 owner.
Just let me know if your a vintage bike rider LOL.
2002 Conc