Author Topic: Rally in the Gorge  (Read 7949 times)

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
Re: Rally in the Gorge
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 02:31:07 pm »

Sounds like fun Rob, but unfortunatley it looks like I won't be able to make it afterall...  :(

I was thinking of going on Saturday, but Gumbi reminded me that on Saturday is one of our good freinds "ball-n-call" tournament, he does it every year and I can't miss it. The day starts with 18 holes of golf, then off to bowling, then finishes with a Texas hold tournament. It's alot of fun and food and drink through out, about 30+ people play so there's alot of $$ to be won for the events.

Sorry guys, have fun!  :chugbeer:

Well that still leaves 4 other days, what are the excuses for those?  ::)
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2012, 02:37:11 pm »
Well that still leaves 4 other days, what are the excuses for those?  ::)

Have to work unfortunately...  :'(

Offline C1xRider

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, 09:42:47 pm »

Have to work unfortunately...  :'(

Sunday too?  That sucks...
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline C1xRider

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 09:49:10 pm »
Try for an evening, I'll have the crown and coke on standby ;D  Bring a bag and pad, tent is quite cavernous.
Invite goes to anyone in the area, we could call it a non COG connie owner unsponsored by Zggtr rally/meet, ride and drink get together at the Gorge ;D

Hey Chet, I was talking to a buddy of mine today about this.  He rides a cruiser, not fast, and I was asking if it was all sport bikes and riders.  He was wondering why he would go up there.

I told him you were bringing a KLR which got us talking.  Do you have some dual sport roads planned out?  We were thinking we could ride our dual sports up there one of the days, and do some off road riding.  Nothing rally or race, just riding.  So, what do you have planned?  Anything interesting?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 10:34:50 pm »
Sunday too?  That sucks...

Church in the morning, it would be too late by the time I made it out there, sorry Rob...  :(

Offline Gsun

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2012, 10:45:19 pm »

Church in the morning, it would be too late by the time I made it out there, sorry Rob...  :(

Hmmmm....Church or riding....hmmmmm.....no contest!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2012, 11:10:21 pm »
Hmmmm....Church or riding....hmmmmm.....no contest!

Not according to mama... I gotta pick my battles G, and that aint one of em... 

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 03:44:37 am »
Can you explain that riding is a religious experience?
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 07:26:02 am »
Amen brotha,

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 10:25:04 am »

Amen brotha,

;D ;D ;D

Offline Gsun

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2012, 10:45:08 pm »

Not according to mama... I gotta pick my battles G, and that aint one of em... 

Hmmm....church or Ohlins...Hmmmmm

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2012, 10:47:52 pm »
Hmmm....church or Ohlins...Hmmmmm

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Church = Ohlins

Pray about it G...  ;D

Son of Pappy

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2012, 11:33:28 am »
Hey Chet, I was talking to a buddy of mine today about this.  He rides a cruiser, not fast, and I was asking if it was all sport bikes and riders.  He was wondering why he would go up there.

I told him you were bringing a KLR which got us talking.  Do you have some dual sport roads planned out?  We were thinking we could ride our dual sports up there one of the days, and do some off road riding.  Nothing rally or race, just riding.  So, what do you have planned?  Anything interesting?
We will have quite a bit of DS rides for the rally.  On Thursday I will be involved with a DS class and a trail ride in the afternoon.  We (PSSOR) will have a table setup just outside the convention hall.  Come join us fo r some fun.

Jay Jay Jay.  What more can I say?

Son of Pappy

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2012, 09:04:22 pm »
So, learning lesson, Rob showed up on Thursday (I think?)  the rally is closed to ANY non registered guests, something about AMA insurance and all that hub bub, so, if anyone showed like Rob did and got turned away I owe you the drink of your choice!!

Anyways, I am downloading a video clip of Maryhill Loops road.  We did a clinic and had the entire road to ourselves from 930 in the morning to 1pm.  My top speed was 87.4 according to the GPS, I wouldnt know as my eyes were locked on the next line!!!!!!!!!  Watch the clip once I insert the link, share your thoughts and decide if a Dual Sport 650 2 up is a better choice for tight twisties :o

About the Rally, gents/ladies, try to squeeze this one in, eating breakfast with the likes of David Hough, Nick Ienatsch, Tamera Rich, and many others is awesome.  Sharing the roads and trails with them is even better.  It was quite windy on Wednesday and Thursday, borderline hot on Friday, and hot enough to find some higher elevation (after Maryhill Loops of course) on Saturday.  Friday we had a DS funrun, which cost me big time, on the way to checkpoint 3 I had a chance to really smoke up the trail, somehow my new Garmin Montana 650T left me.  I spent quite some time Yesterday Afternoon doing 2-5 mph looking over the edge of the road.  Bummer.....

All in all I'd do it again, well, I will be there next year.  I sure would like some fellow low lifes to spend the road with as I just aint quite on the par of so many who were there.  Bring street of dirt, there are lenty of roads that rate on the epic scale of 8-10 with plenty of bends and a few bumps along the way. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Son of Pappy

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2012, 10:49:46 pm »