Author Topic: And now for something completely different...crash test dummy video  (Read 39806 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
 Some time ago, one of our members put together a video using crash test dummies that was absolutely hilarious.  Does anyone remember if that was a you tube video (I can't find it there) or was it hosted somewhere else?  I can't put my finger on it's whereabouts (and yes, I did search).
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline PH14

Re: And now for something completely different...crash test dummy video
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 08:58:00 PM »
Wait, are you calling me a dummy? Thanks for posting Jim. ;D

Offline marku8a

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 09:53:55 PM »
Some time ago, one of our members put together a video using crash test dummies that was absolutely hilarious.  Does anyone remember if that was a you tube video (I can't find it there) or was it hosted somewhere else?  I can't put my finger on it's whereabouts (and yes, I did search).

I think you are referring to the video/animation  that featured crash dummies debating the merits of using the headlight high beam for improving rider safety. Yes?

Mark
2009 C14 Red
Fly_ectomy, K&N Filter, Oxford Heated Grips, PC V, Full Area P Exhaust
How far can a person run into a forest?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 04:22:51 AM »
Yep.  That's the one.  Unfortunately that member (Breaker19) is no longer a member and the links to that video are broken, deceased, kaput, no longer working...

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=9357.150

I'm going to try to look him up and see if he still has that video.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 04:24:59 AM »
Wait, are you calling me a dummy? Thanks for posting Jim. ;D

Absolutely not..   However, ancient Chinese proverb says if the dummy speaks, then one must laugh.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 05:00:59 AM »
Absolutely not..   However, ancient Chinese proverb says if the dummy speaks, then one must laugh.

Ancient Chinese proverb also says that if the speaking dummy is one of your elected officials then the joke is on you.    :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 05:19:03 AM »
Ancient Chinese proverb also says that if the speaking dummy is one of your elected officials then the joke yolk is on you.    :o

FIFY
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 10:24:12 AM by VirginiaJim »

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 05:46:27 AM »
Ancient Chinese proverb also says that if the speaking dummy is one of your elected officials then the joke is on you.    :o
Do I have to send this to the Arena? 

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 06:09:39 AM »
I think that we can hold off on that for now assuming we keep this thread on point (crash test dummy video for C14 headlights on bright or not).

I would love to get my hands on that video but I fear it may be lost.  The hosting website is no longer active.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 08:46:59 AM »
I think that we can hold off on that for now assuming we keep this thread on point (crash test dummy video for C14 headlights on bright or not).

I would love to get my hands on that video but I fear it may be lost.  The hosting website is no longer active.

I remember the video, it was hilarious!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 09:54:35 AM »
That it was.  I'm kicking myself for not trying to archive it someway, but It may have been tied to that website.  The only thing I can think of is trying to contact the member in question but he's no longer here and I can't access any of his information now.

Offline PH14

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 10:11:53 AM »

;D

Offline PH14

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 10:13:25 AM »

:thumbs: :rotflmao:

Offline marku8a

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 12:01:01 PM »
That it was.  I'm kicking myself for not trying to archive it someway, but It may have been tied to that website.  The only thing I can think of is trying to contact the member in question but he's no longer here and I can't access any of his information now.

I have it. I have been burned so many times before by things disappearing from the web, I make it a habit to download things I want to keep. That includes “how to” material with pictures (not links to pictures)

I have the video in an mp4 file. I will not have access to it until this evening. I haven’t uploaded anything to YouTube yet. It looks like it’s time to learn.

Mark
2009 C14 Red

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 12:16:10 PM »
That might bring the video owner back to the forum.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2013, 01:34:36 PM »
Thanks, Mark.  I would appreciate all you can do to get this going on YouTube.  If not, I'm wondering if we can host here but I'm not sure about MP4 files.  Will have to look.

:finger_fing11:

Offline marku8a

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2013, 08:59:33 PM »
Thanks, Mark.  I would appreciate all you can do to get this going on YouTube.  If not, I'm wondering if we can host here but I'm not sure about MP4 files.  Will have to look.

:finger_fing11:

Success! Even mentions Silverdammit!! Here you go...

Mark

Crash Dummy Motorcycle High Beam debate

2009 C14 Red

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2013, 10:03:28 PM »
Wow those two dummies! :deadhorse: :battle:

:rotflmao:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2013, 04:12:24 AM »
This brought tears to my eyes... :finger_fing11: :thumbs: :goodpost: :hail:   Thanks to Mark for this!

The intent of bringing this back to view shall remain in the back seat for now.  It's definitely not to bring back the subject of high beam vs not using the high beam for daylight driving.  It's something I thought of after a conversation with another member.....

Again, thank you, Mark.  You don't know how much I appreciate you doing this.  It's brought so much entertainment value to the forum.  I want to thank Breaker19 (where ever he might be) for his originality and imagination for putting this together in the first place. 

Jim