Author Topic: Over the Pond "X" 2011 Updates  (Read 7468 times)

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • "One Slip" Momentary Lapse of Reason --Pink Floyd
Re: Over the Pond "X" 2011 Updates
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2011, 10:07:07 pm »
A few photos arrived via email, added to my OtP album here: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=13

Or click:

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2011, 10:11:24 am »

Got home this morning from the National.
The National was GREAT!

Met Bernd and Gie there. Really enjoyed them. Both are very good representatives from Eu.

They were headed to Niagra falls yesterday.
Should be riding in Canada today.

Will post info when I know more.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2011, 08:40:23 am »
I fergot to mention something.
At the National several asked about an OtP T-Shirt for this year.
Somehow the word didn't get out.

If anyone wants a "OtP X" T Shirt,,,, to add to your T Shirt Collection.....  here is the info http://www.cafepress.com/hmcartoons/6732951

Probably DEFINITELY,, it wuz Harry's fault!!!  <Sneaky grin>
Hans, please flog Harry!!!!
Whack, pop, poooooowwwwww,, whackity, whack, whack, whack, WHACKKKkkkkkk !!!!!!!!!!!!![/b] (Ahh, I feel better already)

Ride safe, Ted 

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2011, 04:18:57 pm »
Just spoke with Bernd/Gie and Hoogie.
Travelers made it to Hoogie's place today in Lancing Ill. around 3:00 PM.

Said they are now in Chicago. (Sightseeing)

Will do a long ride tomorrow to Linclon Nebraska....

All is going GREAT!!!!!

Ride safe, Ted

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2011, 09:59:38 pm »
Phil called me from 'Morgan' (Ft. Morgan) at 6, said they'd be here in an hour and a half. Not to bad as I figure it's a two hour drive ;)

Phil and Gie arrived at 7:35, light dinner of brats and 'taters, and beer, and wine, and bourbon; then connect to wi-fi to make updates and check email.

Tomorrow maybe a ride down P2P and back to the barn via Winter Park (and RMNP); or??

Rick
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 10:22:44 pm by Rick Hall »

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2011, 10:20:25 pm »
Phil and Gie spent the night at Gram's Cabin  last night. Gie had no immediate need to be anyplace at any certain time this AM, so he slept in. Gie walked down to my place for morning coffee about 8:15, Phil followed shortly after. Steve Cook rode up from Loveland, we sat an chatted for an hour or so.

The road plan was the Peak to Peak highway south to Central City, then Oh My God Road (it's a dirt road through abandoned gold mines) to Idaho Springs. Then a short hop on I-70 to Empire, up/over Berthoud Pass. Then N to Granby, Rocky Mountain National Park, then back to the barn. We hit the road about 10.

Lunch at Tommy Knockers (brew pub, and EXCELLENT food too) in Idaho Springs, a wee bit of window shopping, then back on the bikes toward Berthoud Pass. As we were waiting for our food, and fella from Dubuque Iowa walked in...

While waiting our turn to take the road at Berthoud Pass:

A bit of a run-in with the Park Rangers at the West entrance gate to RMNP was sorted out in short order. Annual parks pass holders can enter with one car (and occupants), or two motorcycles. Of course I choose the latter, which the Ranger didn't quite understand. OK, he didn't have a clue. He also didn't understand a few other things. Rangers are always right though...
Mandatory RMNP Elk photo shoot:

Anyway, up to the Alpine Visitors Center for some trinkets for Gie to take back to EU. The visitor center parking lot has marked parking spots for motorcycles now (how cool is this!), and we parked next to a FJR with a Belgian number plate. Gie noticed the bike was sold/serviced at a dealer about 100 miles from his home in Belgium. As Gie was writing out a short note to leave on the FJR, the owner walked out:

Down the east side of Trailridge Road, Mary's Lake Road (bypasses downtown Estes Park), then CO-7 at a spirited pace back to home. All told, around 220 miles, 7.5 hours seeing the sights.

At the house I torched some brickettes, smoked up some ribs and chicken. Add in a green salad, some slaw, a couple of beers, some wine...

Gie and I will be leaving for the Denver airport at Oh-Dark-Thirty tomorrow AM.

20+ days they were in the US, many smiles, many stories, and a few photos ;) Bernd and Gie are welcome back at any time. I'll buy the beer.

GCE Rally starts this Sunday, am certain some stories about the event will trickle out... ;)

Rick
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:38:28 pm by Rick Hall »

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2011, 04:13:19 pm »
Bernd and Gie are safely home after their trip "Over the Pond".
Both send us their heartfelt Thanks!

Needless to say, they were very happy!!!!   ;D

Gie send a note that says a lot about OtP.
His note made me very Proud to be part of OtP.
As many of you helped make OtP X Possible,,,,,I thought I would share it with you.

Ride safe, Ted

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi all,

It is an impossible job to express the gratitude to everybody who makes OTP working.

Bernd already said thanks - I fully agree with all his words.

OTP is only possible because a lot of people helped, by instigating, pleding, encouraging, lodging etc...
But is also a spirit: OTP is about people with dreams, and the possibility to make them come true.

It also is a way to connect people, ignoring usual borders, it gives us a broader view.
Travelers see far away countries, but much more important is that OTP helps people (and this involves much more people as the travelers only) meeting each other.
Cultural, political etc ... issues , differences do not make it difficult to make contact, 'au contraire' they are an enrichment to our lives.

It is not really about COG, non-COG, GCE, non-GCE , Kawasaki, GTR or motorbiking. It is about people.

Let's go on with this program, so we do not get stuck with the evident every day issues.
Let's keep on dreaming and working to make this spirit going on.

An overwhelmed traveler and OTP supporter,

Gie