Author Topic: ZG goes down!! Top Block saves my Connie!!  (Read 22003 times)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
Re: ZG goes down!! Top Block saves my Connie!!
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2012, 05:09:52 pm »
Ooooh, that is low.....
   8)

Ahhhh yes, even I left that one alone.....

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2012, 05:10:01 pm »
Did your wife help you get it upright?

Actually to my great suprise it came up very easy with just me (in my sandals), shockingly I remembered seeing that thread about facing away from the Connie and putting my butt up to the seat and grabbing the passengar grab rail with left hand and handle bar with the right hand, then just back up using legs only! Worked perfect and was not straining at all!  :) :thumbs:

As for my wife getting me upright that came later in the night...  ;) ;D

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2012, 05:10:49 pm »
ZG- why did you remove the posting of the pictures after you cleaned up with the file?  They were good!

I went to comment on the posting, and it disappeared!  What I was going to say is I think nobody will ever really notice that little bit of rub.  I imagine it will be far less visible than what one would end up on chrome Canyons in the same situation...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline OregonLAN

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2012, 05:13:06 pm »

Actually to my great suprise it came up very easy with just me (in my sandals), shockingly I remembered seeing that thread about facing away from the Connie and putting my butt up to the seat and grabbing the passengar grab rail with left hand and handle bar with the right hand, then just back up using legs only! Worked perfect and was not straining at all!  :) :thumbs:

Yeah, that method works well. I've had to use it when a vehicle knocked over my cruiser.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2012, 05:13:22 pm »
ZG- why did you remove the posting of the pictures after you cleaned up with the file?  They were good!

I went to comment on the posting, and it disappeared!  What I was going to say is I think nobody will ever really notice that little bit of rub.  I imagine it will be far less visible than what one would end up on chrome Canyons in the same situation...

Well I thought they were good when I looked at my BB but once I posted em they didn't really have the detail I'd hoped for, too much glare I think, I'm gonna take some better ones and post em up...

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2012, 06:23:33 pm »
Anybody else see that he was moving it to take more pics of it?

:o

Glad it went ok, and the gear protected it.

Flip-flops?

:rotflmao:

I'm sorry......what were you doing when this happened?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2012, 06:35:46 pm »
I took one of mama's finger nail file and buffer things to the plastic section of the Top Block slider where it hit it ground, then buffed it out with some pollishing compound, unless you new it was there you can't even really see it!!  8)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2012, 06:38:37 pm »
That looks good Jay. I knew you didnt own any sandpaper.  :-\

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2012, 06:41:08 pm »

I'm sorry......what were you doing when this happened?

Check the open forum section Mike, look for a "senior prom" thread...  ;)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2012, 06:55:59 pm »
That looks good Jay. I knew you didnt own any sandpaper.  :-\

Thanks bro.  :chugbeer:

Yet another advantage to the Top Block, if a metal protection bar went down it would surely leave dings in it that couldn't just be sanded and buffed out, and even if they could you would have to re powder coat or paint them...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2012, 08:14:06 pm »
Yet another advantage to the Top Block, if a metal protection bar went down it would surely leave dings in it that couldn't just be sanded and buffed out, and even if they could you would have to re powder coat or paint them...

That was kinda what I was saying in my last post.  Glad you picked up on it :)

Of course, if the bar is strong, it likely won't ding.  But the paint or chrome would have a scrape.  Paint touchup is easy/fast/cheap.  But if they are chrome..... that could leave a difficult situation.  Not really sure what one would do.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Son of Pappy

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2012, 08:40:23 pm »
Look what happens when I leave for a weekend?  Jay, I told you, time and again, DO NOT USE TIRE SHINE, this applies to your slow black sandals as well ;D ;D ;D

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2012, 08:42:25 pm »
Look what happens when I leave for a weekend?  Jay, I told you, time and again, DO NOT USE TIRE SHINE, this applies to your slow black sandals as well ;D ;D ;D

:rotflmao: :chugbeer:

Actually the sandals are a dark green, but agreed not meant for being on a bike...  ;D

Son of Pappy

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2012, 08:43:37 pm »

:rotflmao: :chugbeer:

Actually the sandals are a dark green, but agreed not meant for being on a bike...  ;D
There ya have it, your bike couldn't keep up with the sandals ;)

Offline pbenson

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2012, 04:12:34 am »
Jay - we sure had a beautiful weekend - too bad you had to start out with a drop.  I''ve been there and done the same thing with my old Honda ST1300.  I am living in  fear that it could happen with the Concours.  I am watching MC Enterprise Canyons forum page and waiting for them to finish up, so I can get a set ordered.  I'm glad you didn't do any damage.  I am impressed that you had the forethought to not immediately try to lift the bike.  Your photo documentation is excellent as usual.  You should send a link to Tatiana and perhaps they will want to reward you for being their demo center in the US.  With the amount of readership on this site, they couldn't have a better testimonial for their products.  Enjoy the daughter's prom prep next week!!